Bf109 Green screen

Xxx

Sorry but this is rubbish!

I just loaded up a Me109 mission I flew 2 months ago and now in a dive I get a Green Screen1 NOTHING! Screenblanls out.

Game blanks out! No Im not on VR...Same monitor for 4 years!

So Is it

1. my graphics driver

2 my game vrsion.

3 my fault

4 or its just updated code that doesnt sinch well?

I am so sick of updats soiling the sim.

Whats going on here?

MSFS is terrible, now my main sim is acting stupid!

If I cant use DCS Im done for!

Thanks

David

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Green screen? leads me to think it could be drivers? maybe check the resolution of the monitor and game, had an issue with another game where it would black screen on opening. other then that im not really sure, perhaps a display issue, cable?. other then that i would recheck your settings in dcs.

8 hours ago, zcrazyx said:

Green screen? leads me to think it could be drivers? maybe check the resolution of the monitor and game, had an issue with another game where it would black screen on opening. other then that im not really sure, perhaps a display issue, cable?. other then that i would recheck your settings in dcs.

Thanks for replying.

Ive been flying DCS for about ten years.

This is new. Never saw this before?

Also I must say the WW2 flight dynamics are atrocious!

Ground handlind has NO INERTIA! They are paper aeroplanes!

Me109 all over the place trying to get enemy in sights for 1/1000 second!

Im ok in Mirage Charlie...my favourite! Thats fine!

But WW2 birds are terrible!  I was going to buy the P47 but declined due to the terrible flight dynamics!

So thats my story!

I cant fly WW2 birds at all...bad physics?

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Mirage is FBW, which makes flying it a breeze. Just like the other modern planes.

The Warbirds are not FBW, (technically actually yes, but by steel wires...), so they fly like you fly. If they fly like sh*t, then you control them like sh*t. There is no computer to help you, so you actually have to learn how to fly a plane for real, unlike those computer assisted modern jets.

It's a different story on the ground though. ED reduced the friction and now you can drift all day.

15 hours ago, Accipiter said:

Thanks for replying.

Ive been flying DCS for about ten years.

This is new. Never saw this before?

Also I must say the WW2 flight dynamics are atrocious!

Ground handlind has NO INERTIA! They are paper aeroplanes!

Me109 all over the place trying to get enemy in sights for 1/1000 second!

Im ok in Mirage Charlie...my favourite! Thats fine!

But WW2 birds are terrible!  I was going to buy the P47 but declined due to the terrible flight dynamics!

So thats my story!

I cant fly WW2 birds at all...bad physics?

Thanks.

Hmm i have had a very different experiance with ww2 modules, are you sure you're flying on the full real mode and not the game mode, that greatly messes with the aircraft, also rudder assist makes me sick.

I notice the prop factor greatly especially in the 109 and spitfire on take off, requiring dancing on the rudder to keep straight, as for getting aircraft in the sights, it seems like a mixed bag, the spitfire is farely hard to get guns on target for me directly rear on but i have no issues holding her with deflection shooting, the 109 though is a slightly worse story for me, probably lack of experiance, in any case i wouldn't recommend rear on shooting for a many reasons, most notably being the wake of the aircraft infront jolting your aircraft around. but also just because the shells hitting rear on generally hit the trailing edge and wont hit much important things, exept perhaps the control surfaces and radiators.

I have had a blast in the mig 15 though, that really gets you guessing where to lead

If you watch a few people who fly the war-birds regularly you'll see that, if piloted properly with skill and care, they handle just fine.
If you find the 109 unstable (wobbling around when you're lining up a shot), it's either not being flown correctly or your control setup is optimized. If flown within limits, and kept in coordinated flight, the 109 is a rock solid gun platform.

Edited by philstyle
  • Thanks 1

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

Ive just flown a mission in the 109.

Its the same story.

Flies like a paper plane/ no inertia.

Please, please ED give the WW2 birds inertia. Substance! Or A serious flight model look-see!

Try a ground loop at 10 knots! OMG!  Its a paper aircraft!  Over and over? No weight!

In the air the P51 are fast, but I cant get a stady bead., the 109 is a paper aircraft, no inertia  (Id like a real 109m pilot to fly this , slip and skid..there isnt any because thers no inertia (how sad there arnt any physics involved here? LUCKY for ED)

The flight model has no inertia! Its a KITE! A model aircraft that you see at airshows, with 1/4 scale models!!

You are in an arcade game in WW2!

I fly the Mirage Charlie and an 100% OK in it. Ive done Red Flag twice so I can fly the damn thing. This has inertia! Proper dynamics! Yes I know its FBW! But the darned aircraft has inertia!

WW2 in DCS is woeful...Its the flight model.. NO Inertia!

I was going to buy the P47, bu didnt due to the poor inertia modelling...my god even the P47 was a paper airplane!  A paper Kite!

So sorry!

I desparately want to fly DCS in WW2 but its crap!

Regards

David

You have anything more concrete or a video showing what you mean with "no inertia" and "kite" or "paper plane"? 

Perhaps you even have gamemode on? 

Because there is a simple experiment to see if it has inertia. 

If you accelerate a bit on the runway and then turn off the engine, the plane should slowly slow down, due to inertia and friction. 

14 hours ago, Accipiter said:

Ive just flown a mission in the 109.

Its the same story.

Flies like a paper plane/ no inertia.

Please, please ED give the WW2 birds inertia. Substance! Or A serious flight model look-see!

Try a ground loop at 10 knots! OMG!  Its a paper aircraft!  Over and over? No weight!

In the air the P51 are fast, but I cant get a stady bead., the 109 is a paper aircraft, no inertia  (Id like a real 109m pilot to fly this , slip and skid..there isnt any because thers no inertia (how sad there arnt any physics involved here? LUCKY for ED)

The flight model has no inertia! Its a KITE! A model aircraft that you see at airshows, with 1/4 scale models!!

You are in an arcade game in WW2!

I fly the Mirage Charlie and an 100% OK in it. Ive done Red Flag twice so I can fly the damn thing. This has inertia! Proper dynamics! Yes I know its FBW! But the darned aircraft has inertia!

WW2 in DCS is woeful...Its the flight model.. NO Inertia!

I was going to buy the P47, bu didnt due to the poor inertia modelling...my god even the P47 was a paper airplane!  A paper Kite!

So sorry!

I desparately want to fly DCS in WW2 but its crap!

Regards

David

I'm not trying to be contrarian but I'm sure ED would be willing to listen to you if you had any data to back up your statements.

• Like 1

Bf-109 the lightest from all of them, it may feel like no inertia.

Another proof that bf109 has inertia is that this plane don't accelerate to max speed in no time in level flight.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor