ED, 

first of all 2021 look to be an amazing year for you guys and the community, 

Please can I make one small request please, can you please allow the users of the Tobii 4 and 5C to have full 6DOF in cockpits, by default only head and eye-tracking with 3dof, but you are unable to lean in and out. the eye trackers are capable to do this function, as is the engine because TrackIR and similar products do it, let alone VR.

I understand this won't be an overnight task as your dev schedule is pretty full, but if it could at ;least be considered, you'd make some Tobii owners very happy! 

• Like 2

8700k @5.2ghz delided and custom loop cooled (EKWB)

Asus Maxiumus XI code

Tiatn Xp SLI (custom loop cooled) with high bandwidth SLI bridge

32GB DDR4 corsair vengeance RGB @3000

1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME

1TB samsung 850 evo

2TB WD black HDD

Define R6 blackout TG case

MFG crosswind TM Warthog Track IR5

ASUS PG348Q 100hz 34 ultrawide gsync

[/i]https://imgur.com/a/VjNEllM

Hey Snowblind, I presume you have a Tobii 5C? If so, could you share how good it is in terms of responsiveness and precision? I saw only a few videos with it on youtube and it looks promising, but I'm still on the fence whether to buy the 5c or go for a TrackIR/DelanClip combo.

Modules:

MiG-15bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, A-10C II Tank Killer, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, Gazelle, AJS 37 Viggen,  F-5E, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B/NA, JF-17, C-101, Bf 109 K-4, Fw-190 A8, Fw-190 D9, F-86F, P-47D-30, P-51D, Spitfire IX

Maps/Mods:

Caucasus, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada, The Channel, SC, CA, A-4E, MB-339

So, i use it for star citizen and DCS and occasionally ARMA 3,  in Star citizen it is flawless and above the standard of TRACKIR5, eye tracking takes a while to get used to but id say its made me more immersed and probably a better 'combat pilot'

in DCS the lack of 6DOF was weird at first, but the actual tracking was as good as TRACKIR5 id say, once id set the curves and sensitivity up. in the end i decided to disable eye tracking in DCS as i felt it was more of a distraction, and i got FACETRACKNOIR which has a tobii5c plugin which brings back 6dof.

what i can say is that its great not having to wear a hat or the Trackclip pro, just being able to 'fly' and have headtracking without wearing any peripheral was a really nice change. id recommend tbh if you play more games than DCS, hopefully if the demand for TOBII integration increases ED can devote some dev time to integrate it as well as star citizen has.

Asus Maxiumus XI code

1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME

1TB samsung 850 evo

2TB WD black HDD

3 hours ago, Snowblind said:

So, i use it for star citizen and DCS and occasionally ARMA 3,  in Star citizen it is flawless and above the standard of TRACKIR5, eye tracking takes a while to get used to but id say its made me more immersed and probably a better 'combat pilot'

in DCS the lack of 6DOF was weird at first, but the actual tracking was as good as TRACKIR5 id say, once id set the curves and sensitivity up. in the end i decided to disable eye tracking in DCS as i felt it was more of a distraction, and i got FACETRACKNOIR which has a tobii5c plugin which brings back 6dof.

what i can say is that its great not having to wear a hat or the Trackclip pro, just being able to 'fly' and have headtracking without wearing any peripheral was a really nice change. id recommend tbh if you play more games than DCS, hopefully if the demand for TOBII integration increases ED can devote some dev time to integrate it as well as star citizen has.

Wow, so there is a workaround to have 6DOF in DCS with facetrackNoIR? I thought that with DCS and 5C you could only get 3DOF which is okay, but I'd really want to have the ability to zoom in and cange camera elevation. 

Plus, for me the cost of Tobii and TrackIR about the same, so really wondering which one to pick.

Edited by Left Wing
  • Thanks 1

Modules:

MiG-15bis, MiG-19P, MiG-21Bis, L-39, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, A-10C II Tank Killer, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, Gazelle, AJS 37 Viggen,  F-5E, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B/NA, JF-17, C-101, Bf 109 K-4, Fw-190 A8, Fw-190 D9, F-86F, P-47D-30, P-51D, Spitfire IX

Maps/Mods:

Well, track IR hasn’t been updated in years. Tobii is new, does what track ir does and has eye tracking which while a relatively new tech will be more widely adopted (probably) 

you don’t need to wear a hat or attach something to your headset. 

I can also say the build quality of the Tobii (metal) is far higher than the plastic of the trackIR and the track clip pro is notoriously flimsy.

• Like 1

Asus Maxiumus XI code

1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME

1TB samsung 850 evo

2TB WD black HDD

small update, one of the TOBII devs i messaged said they had manageds to get 6dof working in DCS and the update will be released in the next tobii game hub update!!!!

• Thanks 1

Asus Maxiumus XI code

1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME

1TB samsung 850 evo

2TB WD black HDD

Hey! yeah, I saw it on the Tobii Discord channel as well! Just got the device yesterday and set it up using FacetrackNoIR - works very well! Was worried about it not being responsive/smooth, but turned out to be really good! Now just need to tweak the settings slightly for the curves whle I wait for the update to drop. Is there any time frame in which the update is expected/ How often does tobii usually update the game hub?

Modules:

Maps/Mods:

i wish i knew

Asus Maxiumus XI code

1TB Samsung 960 pro NVME

1TB samsung 850 evo

2TB WD black HDD