Sly's newly created Video with Gizmo

Gizmokev

I always find it sad if someone who does only own the Gazelle module refers to DCS as a "game". You'll miss 90% of what DCS is offering as a simulation if you only look through Polychop's module. However, everything that is said is right in the last third of the video (20 mins+). The Gazelle module is in simple game mode 100% of the time, it's basically just a good 3D model replica of a Gazelle helicopter glued on an invisible something that only has simplified basic game capabilities, sufficient enough to be able to move it through 3D space in "airplane mode" instead of "helicopter mode" and if you want to "enjoy" it (whatever that means in a simulator) you have to get your head around a lot of things because this Gazelle module still doesn't behave like a helicopter after almost 5 years since release. Or skip it and fly the other helicopter and jet/piston engine modules which actually simulate their flight models with all the simulation features for aerodynamics DCS provides, one example -> air and realistic lift...

It's almost 5 years now and Polychop still didn't deliver anything near of what other full-price DCS modules already have included right from the start. It's still just a fake, deep below DCS's general simulation standards while other developers invest a lot of effort and expertise into their modules aero/rotor dynamics simulation BEFORE they release it to the public.

Edited by Alec Delorean

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

Dont you ever give up or shut up. Every post is banging the same drum over and over and over again......Not one point on the video......😡

You quote that everything is right in the video post 20 minutes.....are you claiming that I dont have IRL hours on it, that I never flew the thing IRL, that my experience of the airframe is void????? Really what are you saying is correct and whats not?????

DCS is a GAME....The definition of a Game is as follows

noun

1. 1.
    an activity that one engages in for amusement or fun.

I enjoy it as a GAME.....with people who enjoy it as a GAME.....I enjoy faffing about the place in the Gazelle as a GAME.....if I wanted the real thing then I would do so IRL.....but hey in case you missed it...DCS IS A GAME......you turn it on and you switch it off......its a GAME!!!!!

I would venture to say you are a muppet

noun
INFORMALBRITISH
noun: muppet; plural noun: muppets
  1. an incompetent or foolish person.

or at best a keyboard warrior

noun: keyboard warrior; plural noun: keyboard warriors
  1. a person who makes abusive or aggressive posts on the internet, typically one who conceals their true identity.

Edited by Gizmokev
  • Like 3

Well, Alec Delorean is not so wrong. ED wrote on its banner: "Our dream is to offer the most authentic and realistic simulation of military aircraft... DCS World is fundamentally a deep, authentic and realistic simulation". And just as the gazelle is currently behaving, this "quality claim" does not correspond. And this since 2016 (where you might wonder why ED no longer ensures quality here. After all, it's their platform). This has since been confirmed several times.  That's why PC wants to revise the FM. Let's just wait for PCs to revise, right? But yes, in the end DCS is just a game and anyone who likes it realistic should go to the army and become a pilot.

• Like 1

DCS World needs the Panavia Tornado! Really!