F-18 ECM (ALQ/ASPJ) will not turn on

Squattingdog

1 minute ago, Squattingdog said:

I see the YOUTUBE vids etc advertising ECM (ALQ/ASPJ) Jamming but the system will not turn on in any mode (BIT/STBY/RCV/XMIT). Anyone know what may be the problem?

If you talk about the last Wags video (DCS: F/A-18C Hornet | Defensive Systems Update), by january 8. That show a system on develop and not release on open beta / release version.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Squattingdog said:

Hello. Thank you for your quick reply. I wonder when the functionality will be implemented.? There is a defensive mission in the game which requires jammer but you cannot use it..?.

Probably with the next open beta update, which should be jan 27th.

• 3 weeks later...

Are you referring to the World Beta version? Does that need to be downloaded and installed to use the F-18's new functionality? Will this download/installation of BETA mess up the normal version I already have installed?

Edited by Squattingdog

3 hours ago, Squattingdog said:

Are you referring to the World Beta version? Does that need to be downloaded and installed to use the F-18's new functionality? Will this download/installation of BETA mess up the normal version I already have installed?

The Stable version will be updated to include the new features, presumably at some point in the near future.

If you still want to switch to the Open Beta, it's easy and works in a similar way to patching - it's just a different game version, essentially. Likewise, you can easily switch back to Stable. I invite you to take a look at Skatezilla's Updater utility, it's probably the easiest way to deal with this.

If you want to run both the Stable and the Open Beta version, that's also possible. You just need to maintain two separate installs.

Edited by Harker

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

9 hours ago, Harker said:

The Stable version will be updated to include the new features, presumably at some point in the near future.

If you still want to switch to the Open Beta, it's easy and works in a similar way to patching - it's just a different game version, essentially. Likewise, you can easily switch back to Stable. I invite you to take a look at Skatezilla's Updater utility, it's probably the easiest way to deal with this.

If you want to run both the Stable and the Open Beta version, that's also possible. You just need to maintain two separate installs.

That's for the DCS standalone version. If you have the steam version of DCS you can switch to the open beta through the properties tab of DCS in your steam library

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg