Attack Radar "plus" sign (+) symbol

RoyMi6

The attack radar has started putting a plus sign on the readout. Played for a long time but only started noticing this in the last fornight or so. None of the wags or others videos on youtube seem to have any refernce to it and there's nothing obvious in chucks guide. It seems to replace one of the hit blocks on the radar. When I TDC depress to select it there's always a target underneath it.

What does it signify?

Edited by RoyMi6

• RoyMi6 changed the title to Attack Radar "plus" sign (+) symbol

It is the Acquisition Point Cue: the ACQ Point cue indicates the highest priority MSI trackfile if the HAFU for that track is not currently displayed (e.g. it is not the L&S or DT2). This cue will indicate the acquisition point if AACQ is commanded at that instant. This cue also represents where the L&S target will step to if the Undesignate button is depressed. Slewing the TDC cursor over the ACQ Point cue will remove the cue in favor of a HAFU if the LTWS option is selected.

The ACQ Point cue is also removed when the cursor is positioned over any MSI trackfile. The ACQ Point cue is not displayed when a higher priority target is already displayed (typically the L&S or DT2).

• Thanks 4

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

23 hours ago, RoyMi6 said:

The attack radar has started putting a plus sign on the readout. Played for a long time but only started noticing this in the last fornight or so. None of the wags or others videos on youtube seem to have any refernce to it and there's nothing obvious in chucks guide. It seems to replace one of the hit blocks on the radar. When I TDC depress to select it there's always a target underneath it.

What does it signify?

You don't even have to place the TDC over it.  With TDC priority assigned to the RDR ATTK display, simply press SCS in the direction that the RDR ATTK display is on - and it will STT lock that track (the track with the green cross/plus that you are referencing).  It's FACQ / AACQ - as another stated, of a high priority track file.  That being said, it can be a friendly track - so use caution before employing a weapon (i.e be sure proper IFF procedure).

Cheers,

Ziptie

Edited by Ziptie
  • Like 1

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria