Hey all;

I just got my second monitor working so I read this for the first time.  I noticed from the STAT screen you can go to HMCS screen where you can configure 3 separate HMCS profiles.

What is the meaning of OCLD.?  I noticed that many of the  parameters can be set to ON OFF OCLD with the rotary button.

Caldera

Edited by Caldera

DCS World:   P-51D A-10C ii  F/A-18C  Combined Arms

Caucasus   Persian Gulf   Normandy   Nevada

System:        I7-10700F  16GB  RTX-2060  1TB SSD Windows 10  TrackIR 5  Cougar MFD's

HOTAS:         x56 (Virpil ordered)

Thanks!

Caldera

System:        I7-10700F  16GB  RTX-2060  1TB SSD Windows 10  TrackIR 5  Cougar MFD's

6 hours ago, Hive said:

ON - always visible

OFF - never visible

OCLD - not visible while overlapping with the HUD

Hopefully ED corrects so “ON” actually is always visible.

certain items it doesn’t work right now.  I turn a lot of items “on” you normally wouldn’t because we don’t get all the real world symbology that the HUD should show as a “fix” 

It would be nice to save the profiles that is for sure, or how about you cockpit switch positions.  Every time you get in a gremlin has put everything back....

Caldera

13 hours ago, Foka said:

Until we'll have ability to save these profiles, it's wast of time with every start, IMO.

don't agree, it takes seconds to update once power on.

but yes being able to preprogrammed HMCS profiles (and other things that a proper DTC would do) would be amazing.  Just don’t see it happening, people have been asking, no begging, for this for years.

Edited by Snoopy
  • Like 2

I use Voice Attack to load a profile, I just say "Full Monty" and it brings up the HMCS page and loads everything to On, or OCLD, only took a few minutes to program, works a treat.

Edited by andyfoot
  • Like 1

Hey all;

I have as some questions. 

I use TrackIR.  After I center TrackIR and my HMD is turned on, when I look to the side out of the cockpit the HMD cross is about at a 30 degrees down angle.  The head position required to just look even with the horizon is pretty high.  In order to do that, and still make eye contact with the screen it is pretty uncomfortable for me.  There is no way the I can actually target a thing effectively, because I can't hold that head position and focus on the monitor.  It just seems to low.

Is this normal for the HMD and TrackIR? 

What I have been doing is freezing the display and then trying to slew the HMD cursor to where I want it.  But that takes quite a long time to do and negates any sort of point and shoot capability for me.

Any suggestions on a better way to do it?

Caldera

Hi Caldera,

Have you tried zooming your view in? A little awkward, but if you zoom in your view the cursor is easier to put where you want it, but it can be a bit clunky using it this way.

@Caldera i had issues with the HCMS targeting using trackir too. it took some time but i was able to keep head still enough to get a good aim. i make a markpoint, then slave all sensors to that point. then i use TGP to fine tune. a pilot would not have a superhuman zoom function IRL trackir is pretty sensitive on the zoom. another trick i use is to zoom in to see the target and zoom back out, then use HCMS to do a markpoint.

AKA_SilverDevil

==========================================

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.

Mark Twain