Looking for a real work Gazelle pilot to interview

Crewmanplaysgames

I've seen so many videos lately about irl pilots who fly the F18/F16/F14 however I've yet to find a video that interviews a pilot who flew the Gazelle. As it is my favorite module in DCS to which I currently have over 120 hours of flying and just can't seem to stop. I would love the opportunity to chat with an irl Gazelle pilot and learn more about the aircraft. 

I can speak some French but not exactly fluent. Being from Canada I can understand It more than speak it. 

Much appreciated for you taking the time to read this. 

Happy Hunting 😉

And prepare yourself for a disappointment if you speak to Damcopter, he is extremely negative toward the Gazelle - at least that was the case last time he expressed his discontent on this forum.

On the other hand, you can find a British Gazelle pilot who shared his opinion with Casmo and said the module is a decent representation of the real thing (not really sure if Damcopter is or was an active duty Gazelle pilot but he sure is/was in ALAT).

If you want to hear from helo pilots and the feedback shared by an actual Gazelle pilot, you should watch this :

• Like 1

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

The title states "Kiowa pilot" doesn't it? And i wouldn't call Damcopter's honesty being negative.
Sometime the truth hurts and another honest guy made this very informative video as a direct answer to the video you posted:

Edited by Alec Delorean
  • Like 1

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

Did you even watched the video ? It seems you did not.

Please, take a deep breath, your life is not on the line here. We all know at this point how much effort you put into trashing this module. Thank you for the video posted by Erik Scott, I value the commitment, time and efforts put into the data gathered here. The fact is, several british helo pilots with real life experience find the Gazelle close enough to what they experienced, not a perfect representation, sure, but a close one. At least one that allow them to enjoy the module and should offer a glimpse of the capabilities of the aircraft for non RL helo pilots.

At some point you will have to accept that people may have a different opinion than yours. It seems foolish, but I much rather put credit to real life Gaz pilots than an internet user on the DCS forums. Even real life pilots have a hard time to be on the same track regarding an aircraft they flew ; from my part I have absolutely no problem with different opinions from real life users. At the end, I will choose to fly a module I truly enjoy as long as it is backed up by knowledgable people, the Gazelle fits the bill.

We all have to make some choices about DCS in regards of simulation/playability. If one truly seeks simulation at all levels, DCS is not the one either, electronic warfare is almost non existent, basic weather simulation is non existent, damage and failure management is very basic, ground target damage/destruction is very basic, etc. ... See, there's a lot to say about the state of the "simulation" in DCS, nevertheless we still enjoy it because we know we have to make concessions.

• Like 3

3rd Wing | 55th Black Alligators * BA-33

Εις ανηρ ουδεις ανηρ

• 2 weeks later...

https://youtu.be/sZbR8wOLNJA?t=2157

Another good video, at minute 36:00 it perfectly explains the biggest issue, direct rotor control through cyclic input does not exist. If the Gazelle module would feature this correctly, like the other DCS helos, nobody would have a problem with it. We also wouldn't need to mitigate the problem with axis saturation, because if the Gazelle would feature correct rotor dynamics based on blade element physics it would start to act and fly just naturally by intuitive control inputs.

@tugais
I don't get from where you extrapolate your exaggerated depiction about my point of view about realism in DCS. For me it's very obvious that DCS features a very high standard when it comes to depictions of flight models. I only refer to what is there and what is not there in this particular module compared to already established standards of other modules. That isn't an opinion, it's a fact (proven so many times). You surely can have an opinion about a fact, don't mix it up please. As we all know by now, certain RL pilots share a very contradictory opinion about the same fact. In my opinion(!), it's a shame how this module was turned into a religious subject for the community by some people, splitting it up in "believers" and "unbelievers", "high priests" and "renegades". I, for myself, believe in physics and appreciate every simulation aspect that gets correctly modeled into any DCS module.

Edited by Alec Delorean
  • Like 2

i9 13900K @5.5GHz, Z790 Gigabyte Aorus Master, RTX4090 Waterforce, 64 GB DDR5 @5600, Pico 4, HOTAS & Rudder: all Virpil with Rhino FFB base made by VPforce, DCS: all modules

• 1 month later...