Bug on damage model

Snake-fx

Someone have encountered this bug? For me is the third time. Receiving a hit and start to fire, then wings and canard goes away but despite the extensive damage and flames the engine work fine and the aircraft flight correctly like wings and canard are still here. I can also continue to climb and manouvering. Then the engine stop for low fuel but the aircraft easily continue to glide very well XD I have saved three replay but in one replay after taking the damage the aircraft fall correctly to the ground out of control, despite the original show the bug.

fsscr010.jpg

fsscr017.jpg

fsscr024.jpg

• Like 1

It's been like that for some time let's just say..
Same with the left(?) landing gear getting stuck down occasionally, but not affecting the aerodynamics or anything.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

11 hours ago, MYSE1234 said:

Same with the left(?) landing gear getting stuck down occasionally, but not affecting the aerodynamics or anything.

This happens when you damage the gear during taxi by turning too hard at high speed or by running one of the wheels off the tarmac.  It's kind of weird there is no indication in the cockpit that the gear has not retracted.

• Like 1

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

4 hours ago, Machalot said:

This happens when you damage the gear during taxi by turning too hard at high speed or by running one of the wheels off the tarmac.  It's kind of weird there is no indication in the cockpit that the gear has not retracted.

I know, and it's indeed strange that there are no indication of it being broken/ stuck down. It's almost as if the damage model is completely broken/ not working, and it's been like this for ages.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

It look like now I can easily repeat the bug in a 1 vs 1 with a Mig-21 in a mission created by me for training reasons. It is very ridicolous, here I have also tried to an emergency landing on a near airport without wings and canard XD The engine flame out and gliding very well but I couldn't get to the airport for the low altitude.

fsscr025.jpg

• Like 1

This bug's about a year or so old, maybe a little more - I first noticed it a year ago, anyway. It doesn't happen 100% of the time, but it happens regularly enough to be a severe headache in MP environments. There's another thread with videos as well.

Really hoping it can be fixed soon, IMO of the utmost priority as it ruins everyone's experience rather than just the person flying about with no wings. The module really needs some of the love it's been missing out on while the 14A was in dev. 😔

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

DCS has a problem with damage control modeling in general, but some aircraft are worse than others. When someone has flown a MiG well and "destroyed" a Viggen in multiplayer, but the Viggen keeps going despite visually showing catastrophic damage, it is very frustrating for the MiG pilot.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

Any news on this one guys? Just had a Viggen on fire in 3 places and with one canard (as in, that's all he had) effortlessly slot in behind me despite evasive manoeuvres and nearly kill me. Needless to say it wasn't a good feeling. I know there's a lot to bring up to speed after years of engine updates breaking things or offering new possibilities, but this has to be the absolute worst, most game-breaking bug this module has right now, and I'd really be glad to finally see it put to bed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1