[USER ERROR] Waypoint Bug

jwbflyer

In the latest update, I can correctly enter waypoints 25% of the time.

(Latest version, no mods, and experienced with harrier)

After aligned, select EHSD, select DATA, select “POS”, enter northing, select “POS”, enter easting and now, most of the time, does not accept the easting and remains all zeros for the easting. 

before this update I could drop in 2-3 waypoints quickly. Now I’m lucky if I get 1 or 2 waypoints in the system in a few hours of gaming. I do not know why it will accept some coordinates (very few) and not others, or why it will accept the northing and not the easting. 

please do not ask if I entered a zero in the easting. 

Please provide a .trk file of the issue you are describing because I am unable to replicate the issue and feel as tho it is most likely you entering  the coords wrong by mistake.

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [.TRK FILE REQ.] Waypoint Bug
On 1/10/2021 at 1:44 PM, jwbflyer said:

I don’t know how to do that, but it should be easily repeatable. 

1. Start mission as normal.
  2. Go through your process of entering coordinates. 
  3. Once you think you've demonstrated the issue, QUIT mission.
  4. At the Debrief Screen choose "Save Replay" (Or something like that.  I don't have DCS installed roght now to check).
  5. Name file as you like and it will be saved in "Saved Games > DCS or DCS Beta > Tracks"

You can just drag the file into your post (Look for the paperclip).

Also make sure your opening vanilla DCS(No MODS).

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

9 hours ago, SGT Coyle said:
  1. Start mission as normal.
  2. Go through your process of entering coordinates. 
  3. Once you think you've demonstrated the issue, QUIT mission.
  4. At the Debrief Screen choose "Save Replay" (Or something like that.  I don't have DCS installed roght now to check).
  5. Name file as you like and it will be saved in "Saved Games > DCS or DCS Beta > Tracks"

You can just drag the file into your post (Look for the paperclip).

Also make sure your opening vanilla DCS(No MODS).

Thanks.

what I’ve noticed:

on the EHSD / MAP screen, select DATA, coordinates appear as Degrees, Minutes, and 3 digit decimal. 

however, I feel like the coordinate entry into the UFC is not a matching format. 

for example, (just talking easting) entering  E044 32.778 from the F-10 map has 2 issues.

1) the UFC only takes 2 digits in the decimal and also not entering the decimal, so one would assume to enter:

E044 32.78 (rounding up the 778 to 78, and again, not entering the decimal). I don’t think this is a problem since my hunch (not sure) is that the harrier would only accept this many characters into the UFC. 

2) Any Easting I enter, with a 6 or greater in the tenth position (first number after the decimal) will not be accepted into the system. (You know it accepted it when you enter the easting and hit enter and the ehsd screen changes color, and you see the coordinate in the top left corner of EHSD). 

so, I think the problem here is the harrier system (EHSD/MAP) uses degrees minutes and decimals (E044 32.778) while the UFC accepts coordinates in a different format.

your thoughts? 

(P.S., I am out of town for 10 days. I will add a track file when I get back, unless this issue is solved by the information in this latest post)

Edited by jwbflyer
Spelling

Would like to delete this bug report since I believe I now understand the correct way to create a waypoint is to use Deg/Min/Sec coordinate format for UFC entry (even though the EHSD shows DM.xxx format). 

Edited by jwbflyer
Spelling

Folks, if you talk in WGS84 it's Latitude & Longitude, Northings & Eastings should only be used as a reference when discussing UTM's. 

WGS84        Lat 41° 44' 27" N       Long 042° 25' 45" E

UTM                 N 332,669.00            E 1,546,232.05

Just thought I'd help clear that up 🙂

On 1/17/2021 at 7:59 PM, jwbflyer said:

Would like to delete this bug report since I believe I now understand the correct way to create a waypoint is to use Deg/Min/Sec coordinate format for UFC entry (even though the EHSD shows DM.xxx format). 

Marking as USER ERROR and moving to RESOLVED

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [USER ERROR] Waypoint Bug
On 1/18/2021 at 5:59 AM, jwbflyer said:

So how do you input it?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

On 1/26/2021 at 10:07 PM, Fri13 said:

So how do you input it?

Select EHSD

Select DATA

on UFC, enter 77, and select enter

this adds a new waypoint and now shows the new waypoint number

Select POS (Position)

Select 2 for North, and then input northing ie 41 32 23

select enter

select POS...again

select 6 for East, and then enter easting ie 041 31 44

select enter

now you can look at the EHSD and select SCL to change the scale and check waypoint location

the TDC can be used to move the EHSD waypoint location

when its good, select DATA and that’s it

The weirdness is the EHSD position will show the coordinates as xx xx.xxx when the input is a different format

I will also say if you use the UTM input method is a few less steps and also pretty easy, RAZBAM put those instructions out in the forum somewhere.