Hello:

So the user manual that I have concerning multiplayer is in-accurate or just plain out of date.  I downloaded this a manual from the ED website, but it is the same one that I got when I downloaded the game itself.  More annoyingly, I can't even really figure out where in the manual that it tells what version it is.

So I have questions for some one kind enough to answer:

If I am in a multiplayer game and I want to exit my aircraft, for example using the ESC key like in single player, how do I do so without leaving the server?

Where can I find an up to date version of a manual describing how to use multiplayer?

On the 4YA servers how do you capture a base?

Other than the VAD regional map package, is the some where that has the same kind of maps but for other regional maps (EX: Persian Gulf)?

Caldera

DCS World:   P-51D A-10C ii  F/A-18C  Combined Arms

Caucasus   Persian Gulf   Normandy   Nevada

System:        I7-10700F  16GB  RTX-2060  1TB SSD Windows 10  TrackIR 5  Cougar MFD's

HOTAS:         x56 (Virpil ordered)

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

If I am in a multiplayer game and I want to exit my aircraft, for example using the ESC key like in single player, how do I do so without leaving the server?

You click on 'Select Role' and either select a new plane slot or click on 'Return to spectator' in the selection screen.

Where can I find an up to date version of a manual describing how to use multiplayer?

There is none, really. But then, not so much has changed in the world of DCS Multiplayer, really. Most of the 'more advanced' functions come down to various scripts that are part of the missions run by the servers, thus their usage differs from server to server.

On the 4YA servers how do you capture a base?

No idea what server that is, or how specifically they do it (see previous point). Most server admins will explain how to do things like that in the mission briefing somewhere.

Generally for a base to change owners it is necessary that no enemy units are within the airbase area and at least one friendly ground unit is there.

So generally you will have to destroy enemy forces nearby and then either use Combined Arms to drive a unit onto the airfield or - if the mission/server supports it - drop in ground forces from a helicopter, for example using CTLD.

Thank you Kang!

Caldera

DCS World:   P-51D A-10C ii  F/A-18C  Combined Arms

Caucasus   Persian Gulf   Normandy   Nevada

System:        I7-10700F  16GB  RTX-2060  1TB SSD Windows 10  TrackIR 5  Cougar MFD's

HOTAS:         x56 (Virpil ordered)