DCS needs to be focused in Windows or splash screen won't get removed

Slant

Whenever I start up DCS and it isn't the focus in windows, the splash screen doesn't get removed when I get into the main menu. The game isn't technically crashed, I can hear the music and experimentation has shown that my mouse still works and I can click on things. But I can't actually see the mouse or what I'm doing.

Since sometimes programs will take focus or.. since I am on a multitasking OS, I click on a web browser to do stuff, this happens fairly often.

http://www.csg-2.net/ | i7 7700k - NVIDIA 1080 - 32GB RAM | BKR!

Hi Slant. Here's the solution:

• If you have an NVIDIA GPU, simply disable "fullscreen" option ingame (you can do so in Saved Games\DCS...\Config\options.lua - "false" to disable).
  • If you have an AMD GPU, enable "fullscreen" option ingame (you can do so in Saved Games\DCS...\Config\options.lua - "true" to enable) then launch the game from the Radeon Software.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Thank you Flappie, that is a good workaround. It is not a solution, however. If I have the choice of Fullscreen or Windowed mode, both need to work. Some recording software works better in fullscreen.

I will play in windowed for now, but the bug report still stands, unfortunately. Thank you for the advice, though! It seems to work, as I just tested it. Who knew? 🙂

Edited by Slant

http://www.csg-2.net/ | i7 7700k - NVIDIA 1080 - 32GB RAM | BKR!

2 hours ago, Slant said:

Thank you Flappie, that is a good workaround. It is not a solution, however.

You're absolutely right. 👍

Maybe you can force the fullscreen mode by pressing Alt+Enter once in DCS main menu?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.