I'm trying to convert Bear Trap campaign for F15C I downloaded from User Files to F16C.  And I can't get AWACS to display enemy and friendly as red and green Datalink targets.  Below are what I've done/tried.

1. Turn on MDS LVT switch to ON
  2. Clicked HSD XMT to L16
  3. In ME, AWACS EPLRS was greyed out so I changed the plane to E-2D and reverting it back to E-3A made it white and it is set to ON.  With -a flag:  EPLRS(on) -a
  4. EPLRS is white and set to ON on my F16C
  5. Radio frequency is set to 305 for both my UHF and AWACS.  I can hear all the contact callouts from AWACS but no Datalink on my Radar or HSD.
  6. Read somewhere Tanker TACAN set to 1X can interfere so I switched Tanker TACAN to 63X

From what I can tell, everything in ME matches missions that are included with F16C with working Datalink.  My only guess is missions created from older ME have something that makes it incompatible with newer Datalink?

On top of this, on Mission 2 of this campaign, I can't get my wingman to taxi with me.  Always taxi about 5 minutes late right about when I reach WP 2.  What could cause this?

Thanks in advance for any input.

So this everything works fine as is without dinking around with all the steps above if I just set my flight to start on the runway.

It must be something I'm doing wrong in the cold start.  Do  you have to turn on MDS LVT after INS alignment?

Edit:  Okay, got it sorted.  Have to use STOR HDG for alignment.  I've been using NORM.  Cold start tutorial I watched didn't mention this.

Edited by Taz1004

Hi, thanks for letting us know. Please, can you share your Modified Campaign with the community? 🙏

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600 - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

35 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Hi, thanks for letting us know. Please, can you share your Modified Campaign with the community? 🙏

I'll try if I can I go through them all.  I'm just adjusting one mission at a time.

And with above issue sorted, it seems like all I have to do is change the flight from F15C to F16C but this mission itself seems like have some bugs.  The enemy aircrafts are all knocked out by ally SAM before I get there.  So I'm now watching YouTube videos on how these missions are supposed to pan out. 🥴

Edited by Taz1004

You can do a NORM align just ensure you hit Enter on ICP for Lat/along and Alt. Flashing ALIGN in HUD will occur after about 8minutes. Then turn NAV. You can switch DL on at any time (I power on as I put INS into NORM). Zoom out HSD Rng to check for DL tracks 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

32 minutes ago, Florence201 said:

You can do a NORM align just ensure you hit Enter on ICP for Lat/along and Alt. Flashing ALIGN in HUD will occur after about 8minutes. Then turn NAV. You can switch DL on at any time (I power on as I put INS into NORM). Zoom out HSD Rng to check for DL tracks 

Thanks, that works too.  I thought I only had to confirm Lat/Long.  Didn't know I had to confirm Altitude too.