"Maj. G. T. Eagleston" 354thFG, 353rdFS plus "Generic" **Updated 11/1/21**

**UPDATED 11/1/21**

(**Whilst waiting for User Files to pull their finger out and post this skin for download I realised I had made an error in positioning the code letters, which I have to put down to my advanced age, so I took it back down again and have corrected the positions and re-uploaded it again. Hopefully it, and the coded generic, will be available in the next couple of days.....**)

Just uploaded another of the most well known P-47D's to User Files: Major Glen Eaglestons' P-47D-30 that he used during the period between November 1944 and February 1945, when the 354th were forced to give up their beloved Mustangs for the Jug. They were not happy about it.

Despite their annoyance they still managed to find the time to paint them in some of the coolest squadron colours and noseart ever painted on a Thunderbolt.

I have used numerous sources as reference and I am convinced that the Eagle art had a light blue background around it in the same manner as Eaglestons last Mustang would have.

His name, painted on the canopy frame, has a white "drop shadow" also in a similar style to his last Mustang.

So call me controversial, but I have replicated them in this manner on this skin.

I have also done a 353rd Generic skin which carries the "F T" code and uploaded it seperately.

The sim will place the default numbers and letters in the appropriate areas, albeit in a completely incorrect font. I am trying to work out how to replace them with a more accurate font. No luck so far.

And I still cannot work out how to keep the spinner painted once the engine is running!:wallbash:

Up now at User Files.

Eagleston's: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314298/

Generic: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3314299/

(**Updated screenshots**)

EcjA38t.jpg

CaakwNz.jpg

4uElBHz.jpg

Edited by BoNidle
  • Like 2
  • BoNidle changed the title to "Maj. G. T. Eagleston" 354thFG, 353rdFS plus "Generic" **Updated 11/1/21**