ALL My progress was cleared....... WHY?

Rooster7755

I can't tell you why. I can however tell you that it's possible to edit a file and 'skip' to the mission that you're up to if that's of any help.

I believe the instructions are as follows (Untested now, but I had to do the same when I hit a bug a few months ago - going from memory):

MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE PROCEEDING!

1) Open up C:\Users\[YOUR NAME]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor\logbook.lua in notepad

2) Scroll down to Raven One campaign entry

3) Under ["fileList"] find the highest bracketed number - this is where you have to make your edit to progress

4) Change mission name under ["mission"] to "R1 M08.miz".  You may want to also change the result of the previous mission to 100 (it will be something low, so it's better to fix your score)

I have found that for some reason configs in DCS saved games can change / reset from time to time without reason I've been able to track down. As a result - I often back up my DCS Saved Games director - not just for missions, but for control inputs and other settings.

Hope this helps...

16 hours ago, Dangerzone said:

I can't tell you why. I can however tell you that it's possible to edit a file and 'skip' to the mission that you're up to if that's of any help.

I believe the instructions are as follows (Untested now, but I had to do the same when I hit a bug a few months ago - going from memory):

MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE PROCEEDING!

1) Open up C:\Users\[YOUR NAME]\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\MissionEditor\logbook.lua in notepad

2) Scroll down to Raven One campaign entry

3) Under ["fileList"] find the highest bracketed number - this is where you have to make your edit to progress

4) Change mission name under ["mission"] to "R1 M08.miz".  You may want to also change the result of the previous mission to 100 (it will be something low, so it's better to fix your score)

I have found that for some reason configs in DCS saved games can change / reset from time to time without reason I've been able to track down. As a result - I often back up my DCS Saved Games director - not just for missions, but for control inputs and other settings.

Hope this helps...

Check this out. It looks like that data is still in the file.  So why would it not see it

Desktop Screenshot 2021.01.10 - 12.41.29.05.png

• 1 month later...

I know I’m extremely late to the party. When you virtually die, your logbook resets. However the data is still there and can be edited to be useful. You just need a little code knowledge, and change some values to get the dead pilot alive. 

Another option is instead of ending mission after a death, select exit to desktop from the esc menu. If on the debrief menu press the option “close”. Definitely don’t select the far right option “End mission” on the debrief page if you had a death. 

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP