What do people thinking of having to align the Mavs?

So do i get it correctly that:

F-5 / F-14 / F16 /AV8 do need to set from the kneeboard page the LGB laser code while on the ground

While

A-10/F-18 can do it in flight with store management page?

Shouldn't this be consistent throughout all modules as it depends from the weapon?

Also how does it work for CBUs in reality? Set on the ground and while in flight you put the corresponding setting to allow correct release calculation on HUD?

Regards

Sent from my MI 10 Lite 5G using Tapatalk

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LMAO, really, dude? I agree the boresighting process should be simulated, but don't pretend you are OK with it because you're "cut to be a fighter pilot" 😆 All Maverick-carrying modules should ha

I am not against the feature per se, but I strongly dislike the fact, that the F16 is the only jet where it is needed. My understanding is that in reality this is required for every jet because there

Rearm, start up, power up MAVs during INS, take off, boresight, resume mission. It's 1-2 minutes right after take-off and there is nothing difficult about it. Is this already too much to ask players t

11 hours ago, Spectre1-1 said:

if ED moved the GBU12 options for the hornet to the kneeboard or eventually the AMU, that would be amazing

IMO I'd rather it be put it into the ground crew menu rather than the kneeboard. 

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

24 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

IMO I'd rather it be put it into the ground crew menu rather than the kneeboard. 

That could work, they should find a way for us to input the code that we want for the ground crew to set.

About aligning Mavericks, I can't believe that this is still an argument, people asking for en assistant to align Mavericks?

well you only need to align them with the TGP, if you need help with that than you need help with TGP too, cause what is the difference in slewing TGP and Maverics?

so when we got that out of the way, when you slew the TGP to some object and then you slew your Mav to the same spot (I mean if you somehow manage to slew the Mav to the spot you slewed the TGP to) all you have to do is to press the button with your mouse.

It takes me 10 sec to align 2 pylons, if you spend 20sec whats the big deal, if you need 15 min for that...

So my question is, what do you need help with there? Slewing TGP, Slewing Maverick or pressing the button?

Edited by Furiz
31 minutes ago, Furiz said:

That could work, they should find a way for us to input the code that we want for the ground crew to set.

I'm pretty sure the JF-17 uses the ground crew menu for the laser code, it works like everything else - it's only 3 numbers.

31 minutes ago, Furiz said:

So my question is, what do you need help with there? Slewing TGP, Slewing Maverick or pressing the button?

Based on Stig's comments it seems to be a problem of having the correct steerpoint selected, and getting the Maverick to lock.

But I'm waiting to see how Stig is using the steerpoints and what target is a lock being attempted on and under what conditions.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

Having a 4 digit wide text field below each station on the rearm dialog would be best i think. Puts it where it belongs anyways (been set during rearm). Kneeboard always is a pretty messy solution (see the Viggen ground crew menu with all the weird shortcuts for example) and that damn comms menu is cluttered enough already and annoying to use.

Consistency across modules would be a thing ❤️ yeah.

• Like 2

bts_100.jpg.22eae5ddd2a463fc09375990ad043870.jpg

Hardware: MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX | Ryzen 5 3600X (6*3.8 Ghz) | 32 GB RAM | MSI Radeon RX5700 | Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB | DCS dedicated @ WD Blue 500 GB SSD | Win 10 (64-bit) | TM Warthog HOTAS, MFD and rudder pedals, TrackIR5

Wishlist:  Northern Germany/Baltic Sea theater | Full Fidelity Su-25A | Asset packs (80s Iran, Lebanon 1982, Syria 2011+ factions)

3 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Surely this is something established well before stepping to the jet?  Codes would have been allocated during briefing based on likely deconflictions and/or spoofing and set by the ordnance teams during loading.  I can't imagine IRL it's something the pilot has much control over? 

• Like 2

Laptop Pilot. Aorus X7 V7, i7 7820HK o/c to 4.3GHz, 4k 17.3", 32GB DDR4, 1070Ti 8GB. TM Warthog, Cougar & CH Products controls, plus homebuilt panels (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Channel, CA, FC3, A-10C & A-10II, MiG-21, F-86, M-2000, Harrier, Viggen, Yak-52, Spitfire, Gazelle, Mi-8, F/A-18, L-39, F-16, Supercarrier & Mi-24 on pre-order.

Wishlist: Jaguar, F-117 and F-111.

C:MO & XP11. PPL(A) IRL.

29 minutes ago, Lace said:

Surely this is something established well before stepping to the jet?  Codes would have been allocated during briefing based on likely deconflictions and/or spoofing and set by the ordnance teams during loading.  I can't imagine IRL it's something the pilot has much control over? 

Or if the pilots do have control, it's something they plan and coordinate well in advance. 

• Like 1

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

2 minutes ago, Machalot said:

Or if the pilots do have control, it's something they plan and coordinate well in advance. 

Indeed.  They aren't just going to rock up to the ground crew and say "Today I fancy 1547 for my GBU-12".

• Like 1

Laptop Pilot. Aorus X7 V7, i7 7820HK o/c to 4.3GHz, 4k 17.3", 32GB DDR4, 1070Ti 8GB. TM Warthog, Cougar & CH Products controls, plus homebuilt panels (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Channel, CA, FC3, A-10C & A-10II, MiG-21, F-86, M-2000, Harrier, Viggen, Yak-52, Spitfire, Gazelle, Mi-8, F/A-18, L-39, F-16, Supercarrier & Mi-24 on pre-order.

Wishlist: Jaguar, F-117 and F-111.

C:MO & XP11. PPL(A) IRL.

56 minutes ago, Lace said:

There is department that will allocate the codes based various purposes and then eventually they get distributed to mission by their area and time so there wouldn't be conflicts.

I have somewhere a manual about that process.

In the future the laser codes should be automatically set by the ground crew based the sortie for the area etc. So that the AI does it properly and pilot doesn't have any word about it.

This would as well require that missions should be planned properly by the pilot or AI (and then only accepted by the pilot) so flight plan and all are properly done and pilot will stick to it and not loiter somewhere else. 

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

11 hours ago, Lace said:

I absolutely agree with you, it's in the same boat as rearming AFAIK. The pilot isn't gonna go "hey can you swap out that x for a y?", but then in DCS we do already grant some mission planning functionality to players, just with F10 map workarounds and the kneeboard instead of a dedicated mission planner + DTC system and the ground crew; they're just there to facilitate players taking the role of an ad hoc mission planner before flying their own mission.

This is something that other F-16 orientated sim did very well, and the closer we get to something along the lines of what it provides here, the better IMO.

So yes, this stuff isn't really any business of the pilot - I absolutely agree. However, given that it's available for basically all the modules, all I'm asking is that it be a function of the ground crew and not the kneeboard as it's the ground crew who actually do this.

You can say the same thing about radio presets, default countermeasure profiles as well as numerous other parameters, all I'm after is moving it from the kneeboard to the ground crew menu, like in the Tomcat (mostly) and JF-17. 

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 2