Remove 15 seconds warm-up of ECM.

Coxy_99

I completely agree that this is needed now... or at least reduced to 3 sec or so... at least taking about standby to xmit time.

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

Just now, Coxy_99 said:

Yes i agree should also shut down left MFD push button 10 data 32 seconds magic INS to but it wont 😉

Hold on.... Please open that for me?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Here at least they offer 5 sec.  It's a big move 😄

PUUUUUSH!!!

Oooooff... i have compromise. Flaming Cliffs cost $49.99 - 15.00 SEC = $34.99 for a life.

Edited by Falcon_S
  • Like 1

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

4 hours ago, BlackPixxel said:

Why 5 seconds? The real one has no delay.

Sounds like people just want to have access to a game-breaking oversight ... and this was exactly why the warm-up was introduced.

The real fix here has nothing to do with delays, but with how ECM/ECCM works in-game - the root cause is a broken mechanic.  Hopefully the only thing ED will change is the mechanic, and only then remove the warm-up.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

14 minutes ago, GGTharos said:

Sounds like people just want to have access to a game-breaking oversight ... and this was exactly why the warm-up was introduced.

The real fix here has nothing to do with delays, but with how ECM/ECCM works in-game - the root cause is a broken mechanic.  Hopefully the only thing ED will change is the mechanic, and only then remove the warm-up.

What I want is that I can break the F-18's radar lock as he tries to lock me just has he can do the same with me. If ED does not implement a similar automation as on the hornet, then doing it manually is the only way to go. But with an artificial delay of 15 s it does not work.

I know what you want, and what I'm saying is that what ED has done has broken things badly; removing the warm-up is not the answer, the answer is changing how ECM works.  A stop-gap first in the common ECCM logic that everything seems to share, then slowly something a bit more comprehensive.  When that happens, remove the timers as they won't be needed at all.

Edited by GGTharos
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

6 minutes ago, Coxy_99 said:

What is not broken in dcs? In fc3 surely ECM logic cant be changed? Or can it? End of the day if modules get realism ECM ECCM then surely FC3 should have the same feature.

This is about how missiles react to ECM at this point, it literally doesn't matter what you do with that ECM button - what I'm trying to say is that there's an unforseen problem caused by how ECM is implemented.   The ECM in the FF modules is the same as in FC3 - all it does is sett he 'ECM on' flag.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 часа назад, GGTharos сказал:

I know what you want, and what I'm saying is that what ED has done has broken things badly; removing the warm-up is not the answer, the answer is changing how ECM works. 

Ye, but for the time being removing that warm up is just fine by most reasonable people. It's realistic, you know, etc.

4 часа назад, GGTharos сказал:

What, why game breaking, no warm up is realistic! And F-15 has STT for a reason

1 hour ago, GGTharos said:

This is about how missiles react to ECM at this point, it literally doesn't matter what you do with that ECM button - what I'm trying to say is that there's an unforseen problem caused by how ECM is implemented.   The ECM in the FF modules is the same as in FC3 - all it does is sett he 'ECM on' flag.

I thought the whole idea of ECM was to make active missiles go dumb full metal R-ard?

... which is exactly why the world's air forces have stopped making any new ones.

I don't know if you're being sarcastic or not, but let's put it this way:  If it does that to a 120, just what do you think that flanker radar is worth other than ballast?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Seems to me that this "pizza defrosting" timer for the FC3 ECM will stay as is, with an explanation that the F/A-18 is in early access and that at some time in the future FC3 will get updated as well. Then we will wait for years for this to happen and complain here on forums in endless posts, while we get our radar locks broken by the Hornet.

In the meanwhile a bunch of "blue" drivers will keep convincing us that ECM is highly classified and that no one really knows how exactly it works and that there are sim limitations and that  FC3 is no priority and that ED needs to pay salaries to its employees and that {insert excuse here}...
I've seen this movie already.

• Like 4

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉