VKB or Virpil

Dannyvandelft

Both, the VKB and Virpil, have wonderfull mechanics.  In the meantime I have sold my Gunfighter Mk. I because VKB changed the connection type between the base and stick and I could no longer buy adapters. Now I'm using a Virpil WarBRD base with TM Warthog and F/A-18 sticks and I'm very happy with it. With a Gunfighter Mk. III or a Virpil base you are always on the safe side, whatever you choose to buy.

• Like 1

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I have the Gunfighter MkIII base and the F14 grip as well as the VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base with the WarBRD grip, both mounted on the MonsterTech Desk Mount with 200mm extension, and all I acn say is you will not be disappointed with either selection. My slight preference is the Gunfighter MKIII combination as it is so smooth with no discernible center off set and the clutch mechanism is good. The Virpil also has no discerbible offset but he quality of the plastic seems less than the VKB. That said I also have the Vipril CM2 throttle and Control Panel 1 and am delighted by the quality. I will say the Virpil is built like a tank. As I say you cannot go at all wrong with either. 

As a personal note I would not install any thrustmaster grip on the Virpil, they are simply too heavy when using a curved extension

I do have the Realsimulator grips which are much lighter but I use them with the Realsimulator FSSB R3 lighting and the Bruuner CLS-E. The precision of the realsimulator  FSSB R3 is amazing for Fly by Wire, whilst the Brunner CLS-E is very much for Warbirds - if only DCS modules allowed for effects like Prepar3D

• Like 1

PC: 9980XE @ 64GB RAM /2080Ti, Samsung C49RG90

Joystick bases: VKB GFIII, FSSB R3L, Brunner CLS-E, Virpil Mongoos CM2

Joystick grips: Realsimulator (F-18CGRH, F-16SGRH-CE), VKB (MCG Pro, F-14, KG-12), Virpil Warbrd

Throttles: Virpil CM2, Kantorrin,

Other: TrackIR, TM MFDx2 (Cubesim Screenx2), Virpil Control Panel 1

5 hours ago, Dannyvandelft said:

I'm not using anything from the Warthog stick. I'm leaving that as a sidestick for whenever I fly the Viper.

The Virpil and VKB doesn't differ from the resolution and such accuracies in inputs that it would make a difference.

The VKB grip is more accurate to the real grip than what Virpil offers, but differences are minor.

But as you do have that Warthog, you might enjoy from the future to switch the grips between bases as they share same connector. It is just one window of opportunity in the future for you.

Don't take it wrong, personally I would vote for VKB any day at any given time. But it is not up to me and you already have compatible grips etc.

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.