Mission #3

Hi Splash

I would get in a bit closer.  The SAMS are SA8 so their strike range is about 6 miles so I would fire at about 10 miles.  Just make sure you keep 10 miles out until they are destroyed. 

Most important on this one is that they are in a slight dip on the hill and so you need to be high enough to clear trees etc.  Suggest at least 15K

Hope this helps

Cheers

Glyn ( Badger633) 

• Like 3

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• 2 months later...

I tried using HARMs, hit both SAMs and then I got mission failure for not doing first objective. I just ended up ignoring the SAMs and shooting the artillery from just outside SAM range with the Mavs.

Edited by gachatar

48 minutes ago, gachatar said:

I tried using HARMs, hit both SAMs and then I got mission failure for not doing first objective. I just ended up ignoring the SAMs and shooting the artillery from just outside SAM range with the Mavs.

Hi, recent DCS updates have broken a number of missions that worked previously. I have issued an update to ED to correct this and hopefully this will be issued in the next update.  Sorry, but out of my control.

In the update I have added an additional super carrier version of the campaign as well.

• Like 1

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.