JF-17?

epolta

Does anyone having Vaicom working in the Jeff with Easy Comms Off? With easy comms on I can get it to work, but when I enable real comms I can't get tower or anyone for that matter to talk to me. I get a properly constructed message and the "done" prompt in voiceattack, but nobody answers me. I've checked and my cockpit volume is up... What am I missing? I have VAicom working in all my other modules with the exception of the WWII birds which still require easy comms on for me.

Well, if you can see the pilot text, but don't get a respons from ATC, if I understand you correctly. Then my guess is wrong frequency, as that is the only time I don't get a respons but see the pilot text.
I don't remember how to tune the radio in the Jeff, as I only use the presets.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Yes The presets are listed in the kneeboard. Usually the airport you spawn at is listed as "50" so I press 050 in the radio and transmit. I see my text on the screen but get no response. If I select easy comms to on - then I get a response. So something isn't set up right on the jeff radio - I'll see if it's an AM/FM thing.

OK, I may have figured it out. I was misunderstanding the presets for airfields... I may have to reference the frequency list on the kneeboard and set that number for the comm preset to work.. MORE research required - RTFM - LOL

• Like 1

OK, I may have figured it out. I was misunderstanding the presets for airfields... I may have to reference the frequency list on the kneeboard and set that number for the comm preset to work.. MORE research required - RTFM - LOL
Cool! Glad you worked out.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

@epolta I don't know if it would help you or not, I have all the airbase frequencies I could find for Caucasus, Nevada, Syria and Gulf. I then made separate commands so as I could call an airbase in either UHF or VHF.

These are all in my appended/piggybacked profile which I run on the back of Vaicom.  What the commands do are manually tune the relevant airbase. It's really just the same command repeated 90 times but with different frequencies

There is nothing special or clever about the programming, but if you want them or think they might help I'd pass them on, there are around 90 for UHF and the same for VHF. I use them more often than the Vaicom "Select" or looking up the relevant channel on the kneeboard.

Using the exposed vairiable command for Theater (I think it is) the commands for a relevant airbase will only work if you're in that map. If you called it by mistake (ot VA misheard you) then you'd see it on the VA commands window but the command wouldn't be executed as it uses an "IF" statement to determine that he airbase is relevant to the theater you're flying in.

3 minutes ago, Weegie said:

@epolta I don't know if it would help you or not, I have all the airbase frequencies I could find for Caucasus, Nevada, Syria and Gulf. I then made separate commands so as I could call an airbase in either UHF or VHF.

These are all in my appended/piggybacked profile which I run on the back of Vaicom.  What the commands do are manually tune the relevant airbase. It's really just the same command repeated 90 times but with different frequencies

There is nothing special or clever about the programming, but if you want them or think they might help I'd pass them on, there are around 90 for UHF and the same for VHF. I use them more often than the Vaicom "Select" or looking up the relevant channel on the kneeboard.

Using the exposed vairiable command for Theater (I think it is) the commands for a relevant airbase will only work if you're in that map. If you called it by mistake (ot VA misheard you) then you'd see it on the VA commands window but the command wouldn't be executed as it uses an "IF" statement to determine that he airbase is relevant to the theater you're flying in.

Sounds cool I wouldn't mind messing with it and trying it out is it just a VAP file?

@epolta yeah it forms part of my (very slim) VA profile for the Jeff that I append to Vaicom. I try to do this for the modules I've got, but it should be easy enough just to edit the list for the fequencies only and then export it to a separate file.

It will just be a .vap file, with the airbases and another few commands radio commands (you might as well take that too). Pick 'n mix the commands you want or don't want and either use the profile as is or copy the commands into your own profile etc: etc:

The programming would probably cause a coder to breakdown and weep (and not in a good way)

I'm sure if @Bailey has written a profile for the Jeff, it would do something similar (and a lot more)

Just use it as you see fit and for whatever purpose you have in mind.

Should be able to post it up here later today

Edited by Weegie

1 hour ago, Weegie said:

@epolta yeah it forms part of my (very slim) VA profile for the Jeff that I append to Vaicom. I try to do this for the modules I've got, but it should be easy enough just to edit the list for the fequencies only and then export it to a separate file.

It will just be a .vap file, with the airbases and another few commands radio commands (you might as well take that too). Pick 'n mix the commands you want or don't want and either use the profile as is or copy the commands into your own profile etc: etc:

The programming would probably cause a coder to breakdown and weep (and not in a good way)

I'm sure if @Bailey has written a profile for the Jeff, it would do something similar (and a lot more)

Just use it as you see fit and for whatever purpose you have in mind.

Should be able to post it up here later today

Yep, I have a JF-17 profile here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308755/

Unfortunately the JF-17 radio is full of presets and it's not easy to "just change it" if you dont know what you are doing. Just skimming the presets here...the caucasus airports are all there. Otherwise if your airport freq does not end in ".500" or ".000", you are likely out of luck. IDK how VAICOM handles that situation.

I recorded this video 10 minutes ago, so the VAP is still workin'. (Yay!)

Edited by Bailey

That took me a little longer than I thought as I had to make some adjustements and improvements (I hope). The frequencies have been updated in the Gulf after all the changes made by ED a few weeks back. So (hopefully) everything works

The profile only covers comms, so not in the same league as Bailey's but it's attached if you want to use it. Any problems or questions just drop me a PM

JF-17 Comms-Profile.zip

• Like 2

On 1/12/2021 at 9:31 AM, Weegie said:

That took me a little longer than I thought as I had to make some adjustements and improvements (I hope). The frequencies have been updated in the Gulf after all the changes made by ED a few weeks back. So (hopefully) everything works

The profile only covers comms, so not in the same league as Bailey's but it's attached if you want to use it. Any problems or questions just drop me a PM

JF-17 Comms-Profile.zip 145.8 kB · 1 download

awesome thanks!