Ground power

Ready

Hi I am new to DCS and am learning to fly the A-10CII. I have been flying around now for a couple of weeks and yesterday was brave enough to srtart the Georgian Hammer campaign. 

During the 3rd mission I got some bullits up my ()*ss and returned to ask the ground crew for a repair. I asked for ground power so I did not have to fully shut down and start up again, but forgot to release ground power upon heading out again. Once I returned from the second turn I went to park and wanted to fully shut down, but the electric systems were not shutting down and it turned out they were still being fed by ground power. I had to request ending the ground power. after all systems shut down. That's a hell of a long power cable!. ;)

Fantastic learning experience! 

• Like 1

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

I've just tested this with the Viggen at Senaki (damaged > landed > got ground power > cut off engine > got repaired > took off > landed > cut off engine, and my data panel was cut off).

It may be a A-10C II specific bug.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Hey, what are you doing!?

In all seriousness though, it sounds like a core issue, it only seems to properly disconnect if you tell it to.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.