Single-click SAVE/LOAD for input profiles

frostycab

One of the most annoying things I find I deal with in DCS is control mapping. Every time there is an update many of my HOTAS control bindings seem to reset to their default settings. I've found the option to save my bindings for each aircraft, but unless I'm doing things wrong it requires me to make separate saves for throttle, stick and pedals. So I have to save 3 profiles for each module, and then have to reload 3 profiles for each module when they get reset.

Can we please have single SAVE and LOAD buttons in the control editor that will just backup ALL our bindings in one go and reload them all together? 

Apologies if I've just missed it and been doing it wrong all this time.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

How?
In you're drive:\users\Saved Games\DCS\Input or drive:\users\Saved Games\DCS.OpenBeta\Input
You can make a copy of the whole input folder, and it will include settings for all your installed modules. You can also copy this to another computer and change the files names of the settings to reflect the device IDs of the new computer.
You can even make symbolic links to this folder, (actually all of them), and share it between Stable and OpenBeta, so you don't have to do double work when setting up devices. This is what I do. Beware though, as one can have some conflicts when there are descrepancies between Stable and OpenBeta.
Hope this helps.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1