Mi-24P project manager live stream

Kate Perederko

32 minutes ago, Northstar98 said:

Pretty sure it was due to licensing (Ubisoft or something, I forget the details). Either that or due to political sensitivity (though I would've thought Georgia was pretty politically sensitive, especially in 2008).

Don't forget the map wasn't redone, it is still very much the exact same map from before 2.5, it just had a resolution upgrade + tunnels (even if they're kinda wonky) and new structures. That and now every NAVAID has a 3D model. 

I think I shouldnt have used the word redone as it sounds like remade from scratch. I guess  overhaul would have been a better term. I still think it sucks and itd bring a whole new dimension to the map in terms of range and stuff.

I'd love to see the Caucasus map properly redone from scratch at some point: that area lends itself too well for a flight sim (both fixed and rotary wing), and soon it will look and feel seriously outdated (compared to more recent maps). Even for today's standards the ground textures (especially rocks) are already seriously outdated.

• Like 4
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

dotrugirl 08.01.2021.

Цитата

Нет, карта Кавказа переосмыслена в ближайшее время не будет
будет небольшое обновление текущей карты

dotrugirl 08.01.2021.

Цитата

Да, мы планируем такую реорганизацию. Варианта без карт не будет. В этом нет смысла, а вот выбор между Кавказом и Марианами хотим сделать.

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use Google Translate.

2 hours ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Because of politics: ED is a Russian company, and there has been some "action" recently in that area.

I'd presume it's because of various military installations present there, like e.g. the naval base which hosts the Black Sea Fleet.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

25 minutes ago, S.E.Bulba said:

dotrugirl 08.01.2021.

Цитата

Да, мы планируем такую реорганизацию. Варианта без карт не будет. В этом нет смысла, а вот выбор между Кавказом и Марианами хотим сделать.

Google translate doesn’t make sense for this one.

45 minutes ago, S.E.Bulba said:

dotrugirl 08.01.2021.

dotrugirl 08.01.2021.

She said "near future". That could mean a lot of things, and doesn't state they couldn't change their mind a few years down the road. Let's keep hoping ;-)

The 2nd quote says "Yes, we are planning such a reorganization. There won't be an option without maps. It doesn't make sense, but we want to make a choice between the Caucasus and the Marianas." according to Deepl. It indeed doesn't make a lot of sense: which reorganisation? What choice? Why?

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

38 минут назад, Raven (Elysian Angel) сказал:

It indeed doesn't make a lot of sense: which reorganisation? What choice? Why?

dotrugirl 08.01.2021.

Цитата

TAW_Glimmer 08.01.2021.

Цитата

@dotrugirl если вы не против, задам еще один вопрос:

Карта Мариан, многим интересно, будет ли реорганизована система террейнов в DCS (Кавказ по прежнему будет необходим по умолчанию? или будет "легкая" версия клиента с предустановленными Марианнами или вообще без карт) или ее просто можно будет скачать, как и все остальные доп карты, только бесплатно?

Спасибо

Edited by S.E.Bulba
  • Like 2

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use Google Translate.

12 hours ago, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

She said "near future". That could mean a lot of things, and doesn't state they couldn't change their mind a few years down the road. Let's keep hoping 😉

The 2nd quote says "Yes, we are planning such a reorganization. There won't be an option without maps. It doesn't make sense, but we want to make a choice between the Caucasus and the Marianas." according to Deepl. It indeed doesn't make a lot of sense: which reorganisation? What choice? Why?

From S.E. Bulba's post and some google translator, I managed to make it out. It seems that in the future you will be able to choose to download either the Marianas map, or the Caucasus map initially. Basically Caucasus is now default, but in the future you will be able to chose which map for your DCS World client will be the default map. No idea why that is that relevant, except for people who have problems with free space on their drives. 

Edited by Lurker

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

On 1/15/2021 at 7:33 AM, Lurker said:

From S.E. Bulba's post and some google translator, I managed to make it out. It seems that in the future you will be able to choose to download either the Marianas map, or the Caucasus map initially. Basically Caucasus is now default, but in the future you will be able to chose which map for your DCS World client will be the default map. No idea why that is that relevant, except for people who have problems with free space on their drives. 

Yeah, and I can't imagine the Marianas being as large as some of our other maps; the total land area of the Marianas is less than that of Qeshm island on the SoH map. Mind you bathymetry (even low resolution) might bump that up. One thing I'm interested in is whether or not the map fill be flat (like our current ones) or whether it'll actually be a spherical sector; especially considering that the Marianas map can be made to be something like 2000x1500km without adding any more significant workload (apart from bathymetry).

Edited by Northstar98
formatting

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

6 hours ago, Lurker said:

I would presume that they want a user to be able to choose which of the DCS included maps he wishes to install with the DCS World.

It's quite an obvious feature to have, especially once they start adding more maps.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

On 1/14/2021 at 3:25 AM, Lurker said:

So you are calling me stupid because I care about a feature that might possibly be dropped? I don't speak Russian, and it's not entirely clear what they mean and if my "kneejerk" reaction can help clarify this (thank you @Dudikoff) why is it stupid? 

No, I'm saying some people are overreacting to something insignificant that we have very little information on regarding an unreleased module. Wait until you have something concrete to get ''outraged'' over. I know, it's not as fun and modern society does love a good spat of drama, but it's premature to panic everytime you see a stray internet forum post. Wait until you ACTUALLY have some info first.

-edit

Triple post ftw @@

Edited by zhukov032186
  • Thanks 1

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

On 1/8/2021 at 5:05 PM, Kate Perederko said:

Dear All,

Join the stream with ED Mi-24P project manager Alex Podvoisky.

You'll get the answers about main and hot questions about the project.

Please add english subtitles like with the Chizh interview from end 2020. (I'd even be willing to pay for useful english subtitles, if that helps.)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

On 1/15/2021 at 4:59 PM, zhukov032186 said:

No, I'm saying some people are overreacting to something insignificant that we have very little information on regarding an unreleased module. Wait until you have something concrete to get ''outraged'' over. I know, it's not as fun and modern society does love a good spat of drama, but it's premature to panic everytime you see a stray internet forum post. Wait until you ACTUALLY have some info first.

I don't know what you wrote, as I didn't read it, but there might be a point somewhere in it.

Now I think I should get upset... No, I should have a panic as I saw something on Internet...

THEY SAID WHAT?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

On 1/13/2021 at 4:50 PM, Lurker said:

What exactly is a training campaign? Has eagle dynamics ever provided a training campaign for any of it's modules? I wish I could share your optimism, and hope you're right. Maybe someone can clarify or a russian speaking member can send a private PM to PilotMi8 for clarification.

It would be odd that ED wouldn't add the common "Cold Start-Up" and such tutorial missions that they have done on every other module.

Like why now to make it such it wouldn't be there?

So if they are going to add "Free Flight" and such, it is safe to assume there will be the few basic things as well like how to get the aircraft started, flying and shut down.

On 1/14/2021 at 9:08 PM, Dudikoff said:

I'd presume it's because of various military installations present there, like e.g. the naval base which hosts the Black Sea Fleet.

I would presume that one could very well just leave them out from the map....

Like there anyways isn't even half or third of the real world map in the DCS map, so why that would be a problem?

In 2008 when the change was done, the borders were what they were.

At some point these political high tensions just becomes a normal thing and they should be reflected in the games like a countries borders.

Like who really cares anymore about it? There will always be someone who pulls a melon in their nostril, but so are there those who believe to a invisible man who is all powerful and loves everyone, but is so evil that wants to send everyone to worst place ever if just happens to be on the mood.

- No UPK-23 gun pod (not installed on Russian Mi-24P's).

ok, but what about the 10x more exciting full-auto YaK-B gunpods? Will we at least have those? :cry:

Mi-24s in Afghanistan were employing R-60 against ground targets.

wait, buuuut... which heat-sources on the ground, since there were no ground-vehicles in Afghanistan, riiiight? Or afghans riding on motorbikes? 😳 wtf, crazy war. o_o

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

6 hours ago, Fri13 said:

It would be odd that ED wouldn't add the common "Cold Start-Up" and such tutorial missions that they have done on every other module.

Like why now to make it such it wouldn't be there?

Tough to know. I think he meant a training campaign like the L-39 Kursant campaign or the Maple Flag stuff for the A-10. That's the answer that would make the most sense to me, since depriving players of the classic in-cockpit tutorial/training missions is pretty much akin to the devs shooting themselves in the foot.

Edited by Charly_Owl

4 hours ago, Charly_Owl said:

Tough to know. I think he meant a training campaign like the L-39 Kursant campaign or the Maple Flag stuff for the A-10. That's the answer that would make the most sense to me, since depriving players of the classic in-cockpit tutorial/training missions is pretty much akin to the devs shooting themselves in the foot.

I can understand that Kursant or Maple Flag kind campaigns are not coming on the early phases. But almost could bet that give them 1-2 years and we see such ones but of course if the Mi-24 individual training missions becomes efficient enough, then they likely skip the training campaigns and just go for the campaigns itself that assume the player knows the basics and have good skill from the training missions.

Like how challenging the Mi-24P really is in the end? It is more about the flight tactics etc than operating the aircraft.

Is there anything that can be seen as challenging in it, as example in Hornet it is to use a AGM-154 or Maverick with TGP handoff etc? Closest thing should be the ATGM missiles and that should be pretty much "aim and launch" kind thing.

The L-39 is as well nice for training the navigation methods and proper flying with constant turns, approaches etc. All the basics that are the challenging part. So if one learns L-39, it likely should be transferable to Mi-24 with many ways with simple adaptation for the basics.

It's going to be interesting finding out how well Mi-24P fits within the DCS environment. I have flown Ka-50 with only rockets and 30mm cannon boresighted... A very low threat environment might be survivable, but it will take a lot of skill and luck to employ correctly without getting shot down.   

1 hour ago, Schmidtfire said:

It's going to be interesting finding out how well Mi-24P fits within the DCS environment.

Indeed, the way I see it, significant work needs to be done on the ground AI for the Mi-24 to properly fit in. For example, suppressive fire should actually mean something. AI infantry should look for cover when under attack, ... Also, the damage model needs to be updated, away from the health bar model. I understand ED is already aware of it and is on the to-do list.

Of course a lot can be done within the current framework with proper scripting, but that puts a lot of pressure on mission designers...

• Like 3
Spoiler

10 hours ago, Schmidtfire said:

It's going to be interesting finding out how well Mi-24P fits within the DCS environment. I have flown Ka-50 with only rockets and 30mm cannon boresighted... A very low threat environment might be survivable, but it will take a lot of skill and luck to employ correctly without getting shot down.   

I did that too, and I agree with you, hard to survive. But the worse part is the lot of worklord for the pilot, what I expect is that the AI gunner will call for enemies, manpads launch, etc. So it will down the workload quite a bit If properly implemented.

Edited by Stratos

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

vor 9 Stunden schrieb Raven (Elysian Angel):

Indeed, the way I see it, significant work needs to be done on the ground AI for the Mi-24 to properly fit in. For example, suppressive fire should actually mean something. AI infantry should look for cover when under attack, ... Also, the damage model needs to be updated, away from the health bar model. I understand ED is already aware of it and is on the to-do list.

This is important for tactics on the battlefield. A real gamechanger for WWII and Helicopter and all CAS Jets.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

On 1/19/2021 at 11:40 PM, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Absolutely! Though one thing DCS doesn't do at present is fragmentation, how it gets around that is by increasing the explosive mass of warheads.

Edited by Northstar98
formatting

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

That is why I expect that the S-24 rockets will be a popular option.  Warhead is large enough to do some real damage. But the problem is still to engage without getting hit. DCS vehicle AI has very good reaction times and will fire everything from 7.62mm to guided missiles on the approaching helicopter. Sneaking around like the Ka-50 will not be so viable as the Mi-24P is larger, doesent hover as good and the short missile range will make those very dangerous to employ at a stand still.