Problems with DCS Normandy Theatre

Nozz

I recently bought and installed: DCS Spitfire 1X/ DCS Normandy Map/ The Big Show Campaign/DCS WW2 Asset pack. At the moment I'm only interested in WW2 European theatre. I have to say that I'm disappointed that, with the exception of the Big Show campaign, most of the other options seem to centre on the Caucasus, which is not where I want to be.

Instant Action: This has several missions seemingly specific to France but when I select the Normandy map, most of them disappear leaving only: Cold Start/ Take Off/Free Flight/ Landing/ Dogfight.

Create Fast Action: On Selecting Normandy and proceeding, I cannot create a situation that does not include, for example, Migs and A10s flying about when all I really want are Me109s and FW190s.

Training: Works well but again is set in the Caucasus, although this is not such a big deal.

I reported this to the help desk and was told that I could create my own missions using the Mission Editor. After several hours trying, including looking on YouTube, I still cannot devise anything that is confined, in terms of aircraft etc, to WW2. On the Nav. Mission Setting box you can click on a coalition preset box and select WW2 which you might think would exclude anything other than WW2 aircraft, but it doesn't. I am limiting coalitions at the moment to Third Reich and UK.

I have to admit that I'm not particularly intuitive when it comes to sorting this sort of thing, but I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who can come up with an idiot's guide to help me to get the most out of this sim. I don't think that I'm completely dumb; I can manage MSFS 2020 and IL-2 Sturmovik without any problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Nozz

The thing is, they can't assume everybody has every map, assets pack (did you buy de bundle, Normandy map plus assets? It's required for many missions), and everything, so Georgia free map is the obvious option with regards to many missions as training ones as you said. But not only you can create whatever you want in ME, you can also search the downloads section in the main ED web, and this forum missions section as well as other places and get lots of already created missions from other people. Try that before learning ME just to set a simple mission.

S!

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar
  • Like 2

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

With the ME you control everything. Which planes, which armament, how many of each, where they takeoff and land, what they are going to attack etc.

It would be worth your while to try and learn it. It seems intimidating at first, but it's really quite intuitive. Go slow at first, check all the details and you'll not be sorry.

GL&HF    HVYapur.png 

• Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU