Requesting possibility to turn off the engine when stopped

Please I can't take it anymore, when I'm playing JTAC on a vantage point, I get the constant engine noise mixing with the comms and it's very annoying as I can stay up there for 2 hours, IRL we would most likely be dismounted and on overwatch position (not requesting this as it's asking for a game that already exist...), engine noise is something to deal with during a convoy or cavalry assault but NOT when on overwatch position. 

The "fix" I have for this is lowering both the world and cockpit volume because those 2 are used depending if you're in the vehicle as driver or gunner OR if you switch to binoculars... Then I loose all situational awareness as I'm unable to hear if someone is shooting or flying around me...

• Like 2

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

+1

Any improvement that brings some more serious tank-sim stuff to Combined Arms gets my vote.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

I have the game sounds on speakers, and comms on my headset (so I use both at the same time).

Do the engines not shut down for ALL units? I now for sure the noise is lower when you're not running, but I never noticed it being too high either as compared to the other in game sounds tbf.