Reducing sensitivity of TDC when moving on HUD?

Moving the TDC cursor is crazily overly sensitive when moving it on the HUD especially when zoomed in - it's fine everywhere else.

Is there anyway of adjusting this?

(I'm sure I've seen a thread on this before, but couldn't find it in a search, so apologies if this has been answered already.)

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I would also like to see that change, although ED marked the last thread as [Correct as is], IIRC.

Right now, if I want to have good TDC speed on the DDIs, the HUD designation is very jumpy and cannot be used for anything more than general area designation from any reasonable distance. I have limited success correcting designations for AUTO drops, while I'm in the diving phase, but it's unreliable. I'm also using the Deltasim slew.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

The thing is, I wouldn't want to change the slew rate anywhere else, it's something about the Hornet HUD TDC slew that just is not correct.  As you say, it can provide a general area designation, but that it it.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• 2 weeks later...

It is used for general area of designation and for nothing else. The idea is that you get it "about there" even in fast situations like when you are diving toward the target inside your HUD FOV.

The inaccuracies are then ovecome by the bomb explosive radius etc. As one doesn't need to get 250 kg bomb hit a tank roof to destroy it. More important is that you get it at proper fragments pattern from impact point and you choose proper fuze so fragments are flying at the target.

The INS designation isn't meant either for the TGP controls, that is the annoying part when you accidentally don't notice that you just went to INS control and your slewing will move faster than anticipated. But that is same error as designating TGP on waypoint away from the target and you can only blame yourself.

But the DCS has another major challenge for everyone, and that is the Input/Output system. Where the gaming devices input doesn't reflect the real output. It is the simulators problem that when real hardware and real inputs can not be used, they need to be adjusted.

So a different devices example have different TDC speed and accuracy. Like try to use the original Thrustmaster Warthog TDC hat to slew around nicely and then compare it to the modded Warthog hat and different is like night and day.

Like how accurately does the Hornet TDC hat really allow pilot to move anything? One would need to go to feel it, document with videos etc how it exactly does move and how it is used. And yet it is about that person experience using that real control hat. One can get close to it if they know how to explain it to programmer who is making the simulation of it.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Not sure, the tiny bomb damage radius in DCS has been discussed often enough.  You just about do have to hit a tank roof to destroy it with a 250kg bomb!

Anyway, I can't see that is any reason for the TDC - purely in this context - to be so difficult to control.

I haven' done any slewing in the HUD but w/ my Warthog throttle slew I had the overly sensitive problem when trying to slew a MavF. It worked fine on the attack radar screen. For quite a few months I used the MavF in boresight mode similar to rockets and guns. Then I got a new stick w/ more 5 position buttons. So now I use the throttle slew for radar and the stick slew for Mavericks and can adjust them to work very well in both.

Glad that worked for you. However, that's not the issue here.  This is purely the way the TDC cursor behaves on the HUD.

On 1/8/2021 at 3:54 AM, imacken said:

Moving the TDC cursor is crazily overly sensitive when moving it on the HUD especially when zoomed in - it's fine everywhere else.

Is there anyway of adjusting this?

(I'm sure I've seen a thread on this before, but couldn't find it in a search, so apologies if this has been answered already.)

+1,000,000,000,000,000

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display