A10C II AGM 65E

-Condor-

Hello All,

In the A10C II Instant Action  Syrian mission, there are two options for loadouts. One offers an AGM65E? I can't seem to find any information on this missile for the A10C. Is this correct? Is there such a missile available?

Can't find info on Google or in the manual?  My guess is this is E2 variant.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-65_Maverick

• Maverick E uses a laser designator guidance system optimized for fortified installations using a delayed fuse combined with a heavier penetrating blast-fragmentation warhead (140 kg (300 lb) vs. 57 kg (125 lb) in older models) that perforates a target with its kinetic energy before detonation. It achieved IOC in 1985 and was used mainly by USMC aviation.

• Maverick E2/L model incorporates a laser-guided seeker that allows for designation by the launch aircraft, another aircraft, or a ground source and can engage small, fast moving, and maneuvering targets on land and at sea.[14][15]

Edited by Taz1004

I am not sure what you are asking. The only difference between the  AGM-65E and AGM65-E2 (or AGM-65L as it is called on the A-10CII) is the warhead. The E has a heavier warhead then the E2. The guidance and thus usage in the cockpit is the same. Our A-10C II does not have the E, only the E2 (or L).

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

Thank you el_mexo, that is exactly what I am trying to ask.  The DMS says station 3 & 9 are loaded with 65E variants. I can't find anything about these missiles on any ED documentation, You Tube videos, or web search except for the Hornet. Question is, is this missile loadout correct or a mistake?

Huh, interesting. Yah, the A-10C II doesn't carry the AGM-65E in DCS, it uses the AGM-65L variant of the laser Maverick. 

My guess is this mission was built with an early version of the A-10C II module when ED was just using the AGM-65E from the Hornet. When the 65L was added they would have removed 65E capability.