Inquiry About Problem In DCS: MiG-21bis Module Pilot Model.

Commander Dhruv

Good day,

I would like to inquire about the DCS MiG-21bis module in DCS World Open Beta 2.5.x. The module seems to be working fine, but the issue is with the pilot - after ejection, the pilot does not walk like the pilots in other modules. The pilot remains static and moves around like an unnatural object.
The second issue is about the tutorials. There is no voiceover like in the other modules. It really gets confusing at times.
What I would like to ask is that, is this an issue with my system or installation, or is this a default problem in the module?
Please do help me out at the earliest.

DCS MiG-21bis.jpg

2 hours ago, Art-J said:

No idea about the pilot, but tutorials are not voiced over indeed and that's correct for this module.

Thank you for responding to my query, Art-J.

Half the problem is now solved. It would be great if you could find out something about this static pilot. I find no YouTube videos wherein the pilot is shown moving on the ground, and the one from my module seems to be malfunctioning. I still wonder if it's a bug or was it intentionally put in there, like the tutorials...

No pilot animation for as long as I've been playing DCS (~2.5 years). Not sure if it's a longstanding bug or not, maybe there'll be a replacement pilot model with continuing art upgrades to the module? I seem to recall that a VR pilot body was on the cards, so perhaps that'll bring a different model with some animations with it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Art-J said:

I've checked and can confirm there is no pilot animation on the ground. Whether it's a bug, or a simplification I cannot tell.

Yeah. Thanks again, Art-J. I hope a suitable update comes up sometime soon.

6 hours ago, rossmum said:

No pilot animation for as long as I've been playing DCS (~2.5 years). Not sure if it's a longstanding bug or not, maybe there'll be a replacement pilot model with continuing art upgrades to the module? I seem to recall that a VR pilot body was on the cards, so perhaps that'll bring a different model with some animations with it.

Hey there rossmum,

Thank you for responding to my query. Wonder why this bug only appears in this module. I hope a suitable update comes up sometime soon.