Steering system lost control when braking at airport

flankerjun

when i land at airport,firstly i use the air brake to reduce the speed,then i use the wheel brake to stop,but i find that when i use the wheel brake, the plane will lost its Steering control,sometimes even drifting,the runway will have tyre tracks,like drive a car without ABS,we all know that car ABS is original from plane.but why does the plane drift when i brake?

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

Are you applying full brake pressure immediately, are you using a keyboard key to brake with, or a button?

Its possible if the above is true that you are essentially slamming the brakes on a car at high speed thus resulting in skidding. If you are using an analogue input for braking than its possible that the Anti-skid is off.

Modules

Combined Arms, Super Carrier, A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, F-14, ,F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, P-51, Su-25, Su-27, MiG-21, MiG-29, Ajs-37, UH-1H, Ka-50, Sa-342

Terrains

Nevada Test and Training Range, The Persian Gulf, Normandy 1944, Syria

1小时前,ak12546说:

Are you applying full brake pressure immediately, are you using a keyboard key to brake with, or a button?

Its possible if the above is true that you are essentially slamming the brakes on a car at high speed thus resulting in skidding. If you are using an analogue input for braking than its possible that the Anti-skid is off.

yeah i use a button on my stick for brake. does the brake need an axis?

A-10C Warthog,Flaming Cliffs 3,F-16C VIPER,F/A-18C HORNET,Super Carrier,AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL,Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight,Black Shark 2,SA342 Gazelle,UH-1H Huey,Persian Gulf Map,Combined Arms

Intel i7-14700KF| Colorful iGame GeForce RTX 2070 AD Special OC GDDR6 8G | Acer PREDATOR 32g DDR5 6000MHZ | MSI PRO Z790A-MAX | Kingston KC3000 1T SSD M.2 | ST 12T HDD 7200RPM | AOC 2790PQU 27'' 4K |Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog PC

1 hour ago, flankerjun said:

yeah i use a button on my stick for brake. does the brake need an axis?

An axis is definitely a better option.  With a button you get no brake or full on brake with nothing in between.  With an axis you can ease it on slowly rather than slam on the brakes which gives you more control.

Does anyone know the NATOPS optimum land... landing procedure? i.e. touch down, air brake out, apply brakes below 100kts... or something similar? That's generally what I do, I also raise flaps after touchdown which helps a bit for roll out distances.

Edited by LTRMcrew

After nose gear touchdown, gently pull the stick back to fully deflect the stabilators to act as a partial airbrake. I wouldn't recommend raising the flaps though in the event of needing to wave-off.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/