Jump to content

plane at my 6 o'clock not showing up on my RWR?


Recommended Posts

Post track file here. I just tried and worked fine.

Ryzen 7 3800x | 32GB DDR4 | GTX 1080ti | 500GB M2

 

Modules: Mig-29 | SU-27 | KA-50 | L-39 | Mirage-2000 | F-15 | F/A-18C | Harrier | JF-17 |

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bobik2002 said:

Post track file here. I just tried and worked fine.

Yes I agree with you it works fine...usually.

However on the occasion I mentioned it did not...I was wondering if under certain conditions it wouldn't when turned on.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

The azimuth indicator should come on after the ALR-67 POWER button is pressed on the ICMCP. Aside from the INT knob on the unit itself, there shouldn't be any other steps.


Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor

VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/

Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/16/2021 at 11:37 PM, Tholozor said:

The azimuth indicator should come on after the ALR-67 POWER button is pressed on the ICMCP. Aside from the INT knob on the unit itself, there shouldn't be any other steps.

 

Can you please explain the difference between the RWR on the DDI as it relates to the radar warning receiver and the azimuth indicator as it too relates to the radar  warning receiver.  Also I noticed the threat rings on the 2 have different priorities?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The EW page on the DDI acts as a more advanced repeater of the azimuth indicator. There is no difference in the threat ring priority between them. Contacts on the EW page will display additional information regarding the type of emitter (seaborne, ground-based or airborne, and tracking status), as well as providing an azimuth line for contacts in the critical threat ring. The only main difference between the two is that EWRs have a unique symbol on the EW page, as opposed to the standard 'S' on the azimuth indicator. However, some search radars for SAM systems will still appear as 'S' on both.

 

Screen_210121_162200.png


Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor

VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/

Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tholozor said:

The EW page on the DDI acts as a more advanced repeater of the azimuth indicator. There is no difference in the threat ring priority between them. Contacts on the EW page will display additional information regarding the type of emitter (seaborne, ground-based or airborne, and tracking status), as well as providing an azimuth line for contacts in the lethal threat ring. The only main difference between the two is that EWRs have a unique symbol on the EW page, as opposed to the standard 'S' on the azimuth indicator. However, search radars for SAM systems will still appear as 'S' on both.

 

Screen_210121_162200.png

I see the standby azimuth indicator has the the 'S' in the critical threat band but in the DDI it has it in the lethal threat band?  Also I don't see a critical threat band on the DDI?

image.png


Edited by fitness88
Link to post
Share on other sites

The EW page doesn't have the same ring that separates the outer-most and middle bands as it does on the azimuth indicator. In my above example, you can see where it's separated with the symbols that touch the edge of display versus the symbol for the SA-2 touching the outside section of the inner ring.

 

The picture of the azimuth indicator in the manual is mislabeled. The innermost band is critical, the middle band is lethal, the outer band is non-lethal.


Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor

VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/

Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Link to post
Share on other sites

speaking of this, is there supposed to be a HOTAS shortcut to pull up the EW page?

ive seen someone somewhere mention that the HSI-SA cycling should also include EW, but since it was a rando on the internet, i cant trust it.

 

anyone knows?

:joystick:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tholozor said:

The EW page doesn't have the same ring that separates the outer-most and middle bands as it does on the azimuth indicator. In my above example, you can see where it's separated with the symbols that touch the edge of display versus the symbol for the SA-2 touching the outside section of the inner ring.

 

The picture of the azimuth indicator in the manual is mislabeled. The innermost band is critical, the middle band is lethal, the outer band is non-lethal.

 

Are you saying the names of the outer and inner bands need to be reversed, critical becomes non-lethal & non-lethal becomes critical?

 

Are you also saying the lethal threat band that is occupied by both the 'S' & '2' symbols in the EW is actually 2 separate threat bands in 1...it's just missing a ring separator? 


Edited by fitness88
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fitness88 said:

Are you saying the names of the outer and inner bands need to be reversed, critical becomes non-lethal & non-lethal becomes critical?

 

Are you also saying the threat band that occupies both the 'S' & '2' symbols in the EW is actually 2 separate threat bands in 1...it's just missing a ring separator? 

Correct on 1, the outer band is non-lethal, the inner-most band is critical.

 

Partially correct on 2, the EW page isn't missing a ring, it just doesn't have one there. The symbols are still separated inside that space for non-lethal and lethal.

REAPER 51 | Tholozor

VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/

Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

10 minutes ago, Tholozor said:

Correct on 1, the outer band is non-lethal, the inner-most band is critical.

 

Partially correct on 2, the EW page isn't missing a ring, it just doesn't have one there. The symbols are still separated inside that space for non-lethal and lethal.

I see the ring was never designed for the EW but the separation is enough to know what's where...many thanks!

BTW...it always seemed counter logic to me to have the critical furthest from the centre.

 

Does the selector knob for  (N, I, A, U or F)  filter out all other types to allow viewing of what you select, ie. F would only allow you to see friendlies and does it only work for the azimuth indicator or the EW as well?


Edited by fitness88
Link to post
Share on other sites




 
I see the ring was never designed for the EW but the separation is enough to know what's where...many thanks!
BTW...it always seemed counter logic to me to have the critical furthest from the centre.
 
Does the selector knob for  (N, I, A, U or F)  filter out all other types to allow viewing of what you select, ie. F would only allow you to see friendlies and does it only work for the azimuth indicator or the EW as well?

There was a debate early on, about the position of the critical and safe bands. It was initially like in the manual, before ED obtained info that said it was reversed at some point, to what we have now (outer: safe, middle: lethal, inner: critical).

Btw, there is logic to having the critical on the outer ring though, since you can more easily tell the azimuth and closely spaced critical emitters would be better spaced. But apparently, Northrop Grumman came around to your way of thinking as well.

The selector knob should affect both the EW page and the azimuth indicator and you can see the selected knob setting on both. However, it doesn't do anything in DCS right now and all emitters, friendly ones included, are displayed at all times.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

1197644828_Screen_200911_044202-Copy.png.74d8c09ee9060cffd7408a75ab2c13ef.png

Z370 Aorus Gaming 7, i7-8700K, 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra, 32GB DDR4, 960 Pro, 970 Evo Plus, WD Gold 6TB, Seasonic Prime Platinum

F/A-18C, AV-8B, JF-17, A-10C (C II), M-2000C, F-16C, F-14, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Harker said:



 


There was a debate early on, about the position of the critical and safe bands. It was initially like in the manual, before ED obtained info that said it was reversed at some point, to what we have now (outer: safe, middle: lethal, inner: critical).

Btw, there is logic to having the critical on the outer ring though, since you can more easily tell the azimuth and closely spaced critical emitters would be better spaced. But apparently, Northrop Grumman came around to your way of thinking as well.

The selector knob should affect both the EW page and the azimuth indicator and you can see the selected knob setting on both. However, it doesn't do anything in DCS right now and all emitters, friendly ones included, are displayed at all times.

Thank you for that finishing information...you and Tholozor helped a lot!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...