Removing DLC modules after free trial - How to???

The game keeps asking me to bind/skip at startup for each module I do not own that was installed during the free trial period... How do I uninstall them IN BULK.... if I put them in the bin from the module manager it restarts the game for each one... gonna take bloody ages...  HELP! 🙂  thks

RESOLVED: Thks to @Northstar98 and @Bailey for their help.   Removed them using DCS Installer utility below

Edited by Brainfreeze
solved

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

I'm afraid I don't think you can uninstall multiple things at once (though you can install multiple simultaneously).

The only other thing I can think of is this though I have no idea how to use it, it does apparently allow you to uninstall multiple modules at once.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 hour ago, Brainfreeze said:

U must be kidding me.   I hope they thought of something better before making their 'free trial' experiment.  gonna curse them forever if they didn't

No, I really am not.

Bear in mind that we've only had 3 free-trial events and only really starting last year - it's pretty understandable why they haven't taken the time to implement uninstalling multiple modules at once, as it should only be in rare circumstances that someone would want to do that without uninstalling DCS.

It's a pain in the backside sure, but that link I provided should provide a workaround to achieving.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

5 hours ago, sirPecka said:

Go to your DCS folder\mods\aircraft and just delete all the planes folders you don't need.

I'm not sure this is a very good idea. I was about to give the same answer yesterday, but I did a small test beforehand:

1. Deactivated M-2000C and MiG-15bis from my OB, then exited the game
  2. Deleted their respective folders in \Mods\aircrafts\
  3. Launched the game: they were absent from the active/inactive module list, but also absent from the available list! The 2 modules were nowhere to be found!

Luckily, I was able to copy files from my stable version, and then they were back in the OB module manager.

Am I missing a step?

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

10 hours ago, Brainfreeze said:

The game keeps asking me to bind/skip at startup for each module I do not own that was installed during the free trial period... How do I uninstall them IN BULK.... if I put them in the bin from the module manager it restarts the game for each one... gonna take bloody ages...  HELP! 🙂  thks

Step 1. Read all of the steps I type out first. Don't do anything yet. Also, don't type any <>'s. They are only there to show you what commands to type. Click this: 

Step 2: Read it to the third post.
Step 3: Get overwhelmed.
Step 4: Navigate to your "C:\...\DCS World OpenBeta\bin" folder.
Step 5: Click the right empty space of the folder path bar so that the folder path is highlighted. While it is highlighted, type <CMD> and press enter. A black window should pop up. That's called the command line interface.
Step 6: In the command line interface type <dcs_updater.exe uninstall>. Press Space. Type the name of all the modules you want to uninstall, each separated by a space. You can find the module names in the third post of Step: 1. Example: <dcs_updater.exe uninstall NORMANDY_terrain L-39> ENTER. That would uninstall the Normandy map and the L-39
Step 7: Press Enter
Step 8: Enjoy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bailey said:

Step 1. Read all of the steps I type out first. Don't do anything yet. Also, don't type any <>'s. They are only there to show you what commands to type. Click this: 

Step 2: Read it to the third post.
Step 3: Get overwhelmed.
Step 4: Navigate to your "C:\...\DCS World OpenBeta\bin" folder.
Step 5: Click the right empty space of the folder path bar so that the folder path is highlighted. While it is highlighted, type <CMD> and press enter. A black window should pop up. That's called the command line interface.
Step 6: In the command line interface type <dcs_updater.exe uninstall>. Press Space. Type the name of all the modules you want to uninstall, each separated by a space. You can find the module names in the third post of Step: 1. Example: <dcs_updater.exe uninstall NORMANDY_terrain L-39> ENTER. That would uninstall the Normandy map and the L-39
Step 7: Press Enter
Step 8: Enjoy.

🙂    Thks a bunch...will get onto that tonight

i9 14900K / 64GB / RTX 4090 / Varjo Aero / Winwing Orion2 + F15EX / Virpil Wrbrd + Alpha Stick + ACE pedals

I'm not sure this is a very good idea. I was about to give the same answer yesterday, but I did a small test beforehand:
  1. Deactivated M-2000C and MiG-15bis from my OB, then exited the game
  2. Deleted their respective folders in \Mods\aircrafts\
  3. Launched the game: they were absent from the active/inactive module list, but also absent from the available list! The 2 modules were nowhere to be found!
Luckily, I was able to copy files from my stable version, and then they were back in the OB module manager.
Am I missing a step?
Mate, you did more testing that I did. I'm sorry for suggesting such a bad procedure.

Sent from my SpyPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...

Just select multiple mods from list (module managments last page inside game)-> then select from down "delete selected"

Just now, Wiggo said:

Just select multiple mods from list (module managments last page inside game)-> then select from down "delete selected"

Dont know if this option has just got inside the game, but atleast for nowdays it is possible to delelte multiple mods. (So instead of clicking that recycling bin icon in mod manager, on their left side is a clickable box.. Well you get it when you look it now 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2023 at 11:50 PM, Flappie said:

This option was introduced a few months ago already. 😉

Just was deleting some trials,  and for first time any mod just before the post. Sry I was reading only the  very beginning of this topic. Answered the question, just because the timing - I was just looking info how to use it (module manager deleting mods, multiple), and used it. 🙂 

Edited by Wiggo