How to alternate Mav stations?

Taz1004
Go to solution Solved by Crunch,

To add to the question. If I have mav pointing on the target and I want to cycle to the next mav (to basically prepare both mavs on targets without having to resort to markpoints), china aft short first boresights the mav and then second press on china aft short actually switches to the other mav.

Is that by design?

4 hours ago, Foka said:

China hat aft short should step to next missile (not pylon).

Thanks but not what I was looking for.  I want it to change pylon.  And by default.  Like Vikhr on Ka-50, it alternates between left and right with each fire.

Edited by Taz1004

4 hours ago, Chump said:

Page 344 of the DCS A-10C II Flight Manual EN goes over Cycling Maverick Stations. It seems like repeated rejection should get you to the next station, regardless of launcher.

That sound like it's more of a chore than pressing the OSB.  I was hoping there would be some weapon profile setting that makes it alternate.  I assume answer is no.

• 2 months later...

I was wondering about this too. My first attack aircraft was the Harrier, and having an asymmetrical load in the Harrier is not good at all. So when loading up the Hawg with 6* AGM-65D's on two LAU-88's, when I noticed that the Mavs were rifling off the same LAU, I was kind of worried.

I've learned since then that on the A-10 an asymmetrical load doesn't make that much difference. So much so, that Fairchild set up the Mavericks to use first one LAU-88 before moving to the other, and that the next selected Maverick will automatically look exactly where the previous Maverick was aiming. This they called "Quick Drawing", so as soon as the first Maverick is away, you can slew the next one onto the next target and launch it, and then move on to the third Maverick.

So don't worry about the asymmetrical load and let the Hawg do its thing and let the Mavericks rip in Quick Draw fashion.

Ftn0p2D.gif

Edited by Captain Orso
  • Like 2

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

If you fire 3 Mavs from one station, 1500 +/- pounds does make a difference though, so it would have been nice if there was a setting to alternate.  

It also would be nice if the station number for the active Mav, or any other ordnance, remained on the HUD.

Edited by dporter22
  • Like 1

Maybe it's a personal thing, but I don't notice any great effect of having 3* AGM-65D on one wing and none on the other. Having the TGP on one side and the Mavs on the other will balance things out too; but honestly, I stopped paying any attention to it. I've got other things to occupy my mind than this.

I think if it made such a great difference in the flight stability of the  A-10, Fairchild and Raytheon would not have developed Quick Drawing, because rifling off 3 Mavs, one right after the other, but then crashing into the ground because you can't control your airframe anymore, kind of makes the system useless.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 months later...

i personally fire two MAVS from one side and then toggle to other side and fire another two. keep in on that station and fire the last MAV and then switch to org side. i do not feel that i lose control really.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Quick draw would be useful if IR sensor actually locks onto the intended target.  I fire, move the cursor to another target, press TMS up and it always snaps to same target I already fired on.  Until I get closer.

So I do same thing @silverdevil does.

Original question was whether if there is an option to alternate.  It sounds like there isn't so I'll live with it.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Am 24.11.2023 um 02:02 schrieb ASAP:

FENCE IN for mavericks and then china hat aft short until the top left of the maverick screen either says station 3 or 9. unless you have lau-88s you should only have to china hat aft once to switch pylons.

so now I understand it, you just have to press china aft more often with Lau-88, like 3 times, then you have gone through all 3 mavericks then switch to the next station

• Like 1