[AS INTENDED] Nozzle-rotation speed way slower than from what can be seen in real video-sources

D4n

In here you can see that the nozzles are taking ~2 seconds longer to go from ~85° to ~20° than in real videos. (quite precisely a whopping 2.5 seconds)

3-4x slower rotation speed.trk

in real videos like these, it takes only ~0,6 seconds....... https://youtu.be/NNhyF1DHWjc?t=71

Why was the rotation-speed decreased? Shouldn't it take only as long as in that video?

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Yes I was aware that it's the radar-version. That's exactly why I'm asking in my last paragraph of my post, maybe anyone can find a video of an AV-8B NA that turns the nozzles just as fast as the B+, because the only internet source I could find only names APG-65 radar and a separate targeting pod as improvements 🤔

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Noting that the Devs recently lowered the rotate speed (with keypresses at least, unsure on analog axis) and included a 'notch' at the 82 degree point, I suspect the lowered rotation rate is a concession to make the nozzles more controllable via key binding.

Have you tried with both keypress and analog axis?

Edited by Floydii
Spelling

On 1/10/2021 at 3:16 PM, Floydii said:

Noting that the Devs recently lowered the rotate speed (with keypresses at least, unsure on analog axis) and included a 'notch' at the 82 degree point, I suspect the lowered rotation rate is a concession to make the nozzles more controllable via key binding.

Winner winner chicken dinner. Marking AS INTENDED and moving to RESOLVED

Know and use all the capabilities in your airplane. If you don't, sooner or later, some guy who does use them all will kick your ass.

— Dave 'Preacher' Pace, USN.

• RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [AS INTENDED] Nozzle-rotation speed way slower than from what can be seen in real video-sources
On 1/11/2021 at 12:16 AM, Floydii said:

No, only with the keypresses. Can I set a key on my T.16000 HOTAS to be an analog axis?

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, and T.16000 TWCS doesn't have a slider, only a tiny rotator for pinky finger, and nozzle-lever is a way too crucial function to only control by inaccurate pinky, in fact, nozzle-rotation is the Harrier's main advantage...