Roockie want to join online and srs questions

Trollray

Hi all,

i'm using DCS since a time now and i was always afraid by the online play.

I know i'm passing away from something very nice and i want to try it.

I'm using voice attack and vr. 

I think my srs implementation is correct but when i join a server, i can't hear others.

I feel alone and i'm not sure it's because of my configuration.

I read alot of player uses discord or ts. 

Is it right? Not a majority uses srs? 

If i want to test or progress in this way, what are your advice?

I precise that i can't be there and play when i want because of my work so joining a virtual squadron can be perhaps difficult for me.

Anyway, if it's the best solution, why not but with limitations. ;)

I speak French and english btw.

Thanks for your help and feedback

Cheers

Trollray

16 hours ago, Trollray said:

Hi all,

i'm using DCS since a time now and i was always afraid by the online play.

I know i'm passing away from something very nice and i want to try it.

I'm using voice attack and vr. 

I think my srs implementation is correct but when i join a server, i can't hear others.

I feel alone and i'm not sure it's because of my configuration.

I read alot of player uses discord or ts. 

Is it right? Not a majority uses srs? 

If i want to test or progress in this way, what are your advice?

I precise that i can't be there and play when i want because of my work so joining a virtual squadron can be perhaps difficult for me.

Anyway, if it's the best solution, why not but with limitations. 😉

I speak French and english btw.

Thanks for your help and feedback

Cheers

Trollray

I can give my feedback as part of Admin Staff of a multi-gaming clan ( also flying on DCS as squadron ) as well as quite popular DCS Server Admin.
From server admin prospective, what we can do, and almost everyone do, is offers to our players the SRS options, and put the autoconnect. Since last patch if you have a client with correct setup, it will also launched automatically from your DCS when joining a server. This is a really big improvement, before this feature you'll have to remember to open your srs client before opening DCS and stuff like that, personally before I forgot to open SRS in 90% of the "casual flight" that I take also in my personal server.

In terms of it's usage, I can say that is not so much popular for "casual flight" .
Also in our squadron we use it regularly when we perform our internal missions as well as we use it as mandatory condition in a multi squadron joints missions.

But most of the time, we're usual to catch people in our ts, look how we are, chat a little bit as well as discuss where going to flight and what to do, and then we keep flying on TS.
And I believe it's the most common way of many other people on DCS ( maybe discord instead TS but the results is the same )

When joining a server, just ask on chat if there's anyone on SRS and frequency, tune up and coordinate the attack and stuff like that.
In our servers for example we've some regular players ( even if they're not part of our squadron ) that loves flying in our server and often use SRS.

TLTR:
SRS is mostly used on organized events/missions, not on casual flight on multiplayer server

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

Hi Maverick,

Thanks for your feedback.

As i understand you, srs is not very popular on open servers?.. 

Since last updates, it is auto connected and that is a very nice feature for me because i don't like to put out my vr headset all the time to enter the server adresses ;) 

So, i need to go on more planned missions?

The problem is theses servers are private majorite of the time.

It's a bit like racesim that i play also, if you want to have a good race, you need to go on an private event.

I understand that very well but as i'm not sure to be there on rendez-vous, that's a bit tricky.

Anyway, thanks for the help.

I just want to test a flight and discover dcs that way.

I'm pretty sure it will be more dynamic and immersiv of course.

Cheers