Different pilot voices

It would be nice to get different pilot voices for the super carrier. At the moment it's just one mono-tone dude. It would be nice to hear some with character and also would be cool to have some female voices too.

• Like 4

Yes this has been requested over and over again for DCS in general, over the past few years, yet there seems to be very little movement on that front - if any.
Especially the super deep male pilot voice that came with the supercarrier is very immersion breaking for us women 😞

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3600MHz CL16 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS X570-E GAMING | Samsung 960Pro NVMe 1TB | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | TM Warthog (with custom spring, 10 cm extension, custom TDC, replacement pinky switch) on Wheelstand Pro | TPR rudder pedals

EduSYaK.png

On 1/8/2021 at 10:28 PM, Raven (Elysian Angel) said:

Yes this has been requested over and over again for DCS in general, over the past few years, yet there seems to be very little movement on that front - if any.
Especially the super deep male pilot voice that came with the supercarrier is very immersion breaking for us women 😞

Absolutely agreed with the radio communication! Frankly the more voices, and the more diversified the voices are the better. DCS has had an attack of the clones vibe for ages and adding more voices, with more variety would be a massive step forwards and would be a marked improvement for everyone.

You mentioned the super deep pilot voice, I would argue it's immersion breaking as it is regardless, because its only when talking to the carrier where this voice is present, for everything else it's a substantially different voice. And worse is that the Tower (I guess airboss) voice sounds almost exactly the same.

The other sim has equal numbers of male and female voices, as well as having female AI entities such as other aircraft, ATC etc and much more variety overall - it's so much better than what we have currently in DCS.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD