New Virpil CM3 Throttle has arrived

dburne

4 hours ago, dburne said:

Now Fed EX just delivered my new VKB Ultimate metal grip. So much mapping so much testing to do...

A bit OT, but on the VKB Ultimate stick, I notice you can't buy it without a Gunfighter base, and you can't buy one of those without a different stick. I know that doesn't affect you, but why can't one buy the Ultimate stick with the Gunfighter base only?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

33 minutes ago, imacken said:

A bit OT, but on the VKB Ultimate stick, I notice you can't buy it without a Gunfighter base, and you can't buy one of those without a different stick. I know that doesn't affect you, but why can't one buy the Ultimate stick with the Gunfighter base only?

That I have no idea on, I "think" that may have only applied to the first batch of pre-orders, but am not sure on that. I think they wanted to make sure for these initial orders they were all Gunfighter Base owners getting them.

Best to ask probably AeroGator about that on his VKB Ultimate thread or via PM. I can't imagine they would force one to buy both the stock grip and the new grip with their base purchase.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

6 minutes ago, dburne said:

That I have no idea on, I "think" that may have only applied to the first batch of pre-orders, but am not sure on that. I think they wanted to make sure for these initial orders they were all Gunfighter Base owners getting them.

Best to ask probably AeroGator about that on his VKB Ultimate thread or via PM. I can't imagine they would force one to buy both the stock grip and the new grip with their base purchase.

Thanks Don. Looking at the thread you mentioned, the stick will be available with the base after the Chinese New Year - towards the end of February!

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

5 minutes ago, imacken said:

Thanks Don. Looking at the thread you mentioned, the stick will be available with the base after the Chinese New Year - towards the end of February!

Good deal!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

30 minutes ago, dburne said:

Good deal!

I’m only curious. I’m so happy with my Virpil Alpha and WarBRD base that it is highly unlikely I will be changing then any time soon. But... with us addicts, you never know!

15 minutes ago, imacken said:

I’m only curious. I’m so happy with my Virpil Alpha and WarBRD base that it is highly unlikely I will be changing then any time soon. But... with us addicts, you never know!

:renske:

Ain't that the truth...

Don B

• 2 months later...

I thought I would update this thread on my CM3 throttle.

Have had a problem with my micro stick, sticking in the full forward (down) position and not centering properly.

I opened a support ticket and they recommended trying some grease on the sphere. I got some Nylogel 767a and applied the grease.

That helped keep it from sticking, however it is very slow to respond back from that full forward position and the centering is still off.

I have to put a dead zone of like 10 in to offset this.

After replying to them on the results, they suggest best thing to send in for repair and turn around should be about 2 weeks overall.

I was thinking of just living with it, but have decided now to go ahead with it. @imacken had the same issue and sent his in for repair and he said it came back perfect. I am hoping for the same.

I still highly recommend this throttle, obviously not all have this issue and hopefully it is just a few. My main reason I was considering just living with it was because I just did not want to do without for 2-3 weeks. I love this throttle that much.

I have replied on my support ticket my desire to proceed with this, will let y'all know how it goes.

Edited by dburne

Don B

4 minutes ago, dburne said:

I thought I would update this thread on my CM3 throttle.

Have had a problem with my micro stick, sticking in the full forward (down) position and not centering properly.

I opened a support ticket and they recommended trying some grease on the sphere. I got some Nylogel 767a and applied the grease.

That helped keep it from sticking, however it is very slow to respond back from that full forward position and the centering is still off.

I have to put a dead zone of like 10 in to offset this.

After replying to them on the results, they suggest best thing to send in for repair and turn around should be about 2 weeks overall.

I was thinking of just living with it, but have decided now to go ahead with it. @imacken had the same issue and sent his in for repair and he said it came back perfect. I am hoping for the same.

I still highly recommend this throttle, obviously not all have this issue and hopefully it is just a few. My main reason I was considering just living with it was because I just did not want to do without for 2-3 weeks. I love this throttle that much.

I have replied on my support ticket my desire to proceed with this, will let y'all know how it goes.

Will they cover the shipping?

Yes, they cover shipping while the device is under warranty. 

1 minute ago, Drac said:

Will they cover the shipping?

Yes. From my support ticket:

In my opinion, the best solution would be to send the throttle to a service center in Lithuania.
We will pick up the device ourselves, quickly repair it and return it to you, all at our expense. Do you agree?

Time frame on whole operation: 2 weeks.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Don B

2 minutes ago, dburne said:

Yes. From my support ticket:

In my opinion, the best solution would be to send the throttle to a service center in Lithuania.
We will pick up the device ourselves, quickly repair it and return it to you, all at our expense. Do you agree?

Time frame on whole operation: 2 weeks.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Good to know...if I have any problems in the future.  I will also let my flight mate know as well.

1 minute ago, Drac said:

Good to know...if I have any problems in the future.  I will also let my flight mate know as well.

FWIW I had a minor issue with my WarBRD base and they were incredibly quick to respond and resolve.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Virpil has scheduled DHL to pickup my CM3 on Tuesday the 6th per my request and sent me the needed paperwork. That is the first day I will be available all day for the pickup.

And so it begins. Whilst I am without I am going to be a really sad puppy.

But when it comes back in perfect order hopefully it will be pure joy for a long, long time.

Thought of having to go back to Warthog throttle for 2-3 weeks is not real appealing. I am glad though I at least have a throttle I can use in the meantime. Whilst response times early on were kind of slow, I have been pleased with how Virpil has dealt with me on this micro stick issue. Once I accepted the offer to return the unit for repair, response times have been way faster.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 1

Don B

16 minutes ago, dburne said:

Virpil has scheduled DHL to pickup my CM3 on Tuesday the 6th per my request and sent me the needed paperwork. That is the first day I will be available all day for the pickup.

And so it begins. Whilst I am without I am going to be a really sad puppy.

But when it comes back in perfect order hopefully it will be pure joy for a long, long time.

Thought of having to go back to Warthog throttle for 2-3 weeks is not real appealing. I am glad though I at least have a throttle I can use in the meantime. Whilst response times early on were kind of slow, I have been pleased with how Virpil has dealt with me on this micro stick issue. Once I accepted the offer to return the unit for repair, response times have been way faster.

Stating the obvious, but make sure you have your Virpil profile saved as well as all your DCS binds.

5 minutes ago, imacken said:

Stating the obvious, but make sure you have your Virpil profile saved as well as all your DCS binds.

👍

Yep!

Don B

Ok so CM3 Throttle is officially on the way back to Virpil in Lithuania.

I had scheduled for pick up by DHL on Tuesday as that would be first day I would be home all day.

Wife deals with Safe Ship just down the street and said they would handle the return via DHL just fine, so I carried it down there.

It will be picked up by DHL this evening which is great as the sooner they get it the sooner I can get it back.

Ugh, going back now to the Warthog throttle until then.

Edit: Well got the Warthog throttle set back up and ready to go, had to rebind a few things for the Hornet. Feels like such a let down now after having used the CM3 for several weeks. Hard to get motivated to fly now.

Edited by dburne

Don B

Now I have a problem with Virpil CM3.  My right throttle interferes with my TDC switch.  When I move just the right throttle handle pass a certain point, my TDC slams to the far right with no control.  If I move my right throttle back to a certain point, my TDC works again.

I opened the Virpil software to confirm.  It does show movements in the TDC when only the right throttle is moved passed a certain point.

Any ideas?  Is there any good references to show me how to remove and reinstall the firmware.  I currently have the last firmware installed.

7 minutes ago, Drac said:

Now I have a problem with Virpil CM3.  My right throttle interferes with my TDC switch.  When I move just the right throttle handle pass a certain point, my TDC slams to the far right with no control.  If I move my right throttle back to a certain point, my TDC works again.

I opened the Virpil software to confirm.  It does show movements in the TDC when only the right throttle is moved passed a certain point.

Any ideas?  Is there any good references to show me how to remove and reinstall the firmware.  I currently have the last firmware installed.

You may want to also post over on the Virpil forums, there are some pretty smart cookies over there.

Don B

11 minutes ago, dburne said:

You may want to also post over on the Virpil forums, there are some pretty smart cookies over there.

Is there a specific link or do I just do a Google search.  Where did you go to ask your questions to Virpil and eventual ticket? 

2 minutes ago, Drac said:

Is there a specific link or do I just do a Google search.  Where did you go to ask your questions to Virpil and eventual ticket? 

If you mean Virpil forums, they are here Forums - VIRPIL Controls

If you want to just re-apply the firmware, then go to Downloads : VIRPIL Controls Support Center and download the latest version.

Raise a ticket here Support : VIRPIL Controls Support Center

Edited by imacken

34 minutes ago, imacken said:

If you mean Virpil forums, they are here Forums - VIRPIL Controls

If you want to just re-apply the firmware, then go to Downloads : VIRPIL Controls Support Center and download the latest version.

Raise a ticket here Support : VIRPIL Controls Support Center

I had previously reapplied the firmware and recalibrated all the axis...no go.  I just submitted a support ticket and will be browsing the Virpil Forum.  Thanks

Edit: Should have said "selected the "update" firmware within the Virpil software"

Edited by Drac

26 minutes ago, Drac said:

I had previously reapplied the firmware and recalibrated all the axis...no go.  I just submitted a support ticket and will be browsing the Virpil Forum.  Thanks

Edit: Should have said "selected the "update" firmware within the Virpil software"

Support is a little slow on initial responses ( few days ) but once you get going with them the responses start to come quicker.

Once they determined I needed to send my CM3 Throttle back they were very quick in responding and getting the necessary documents to me.

I am a sad sack now though, can't wait to get that puppy back. I will undoubtedly be counting the days.

Don B

1 minute ago, dburne said:

Support is a little slow on initial responses ( few days ) but once you get going with them the responses start to come quicker.

In general, that is not my experience, the latter part I mean!