ok, never had an issue on the 10c, tried diff resolutions as well, so just gonna ask now,

when i look at the hud, i dont see pippers, or for example the bomb site till i get Pull up/pull up!!

so i drop my seat/and or view point, np then, i see them just fine, but then of course i dont see the bottom of the hud?

its like for me its got stretched to long, i have been adding a few extra things recently on the hardware side and wondering if something like that may be the prob, but i doubt it, its really like i need to shrink the image to fit......hope you get my meaning here 🙂

How about a screenshot or better a short track file ?

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Screen_210106_180448.jpg

Screen_210106_174527.jpg

these pics give you an idea, bottom pic in level flight, as you can see, you cannot see anything above in level flight, yes u see the gun pipper, but in A/A mode above thats how high you have to targer, so i need to keep moving seat up n down to get better views, its really like scrolling down a menu, i know a lot has changed from when i wasnt able to play, but before on the old 10c, all was visible at one go in the hud

Looks like you need to drop the seat height a bit.  Not sure if you are playing in VR or not (I do) - but I always have to lower the seat height when I get into the aircraft for the first time of a session.

Personally, I place the current SPI (in this case STPT) and current mission time to sit just on the bottom of the HUD glass / just above the UFC.  

In your first picture, you can see how much "dead space" you have at the bottom of the HUD (even in the second picture).

It's always been like this for me, with both A10C's - but could be a difference in 2D to 3D..?

Cheers,

Ziptie

Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Did you mess with FOV of the cockpit camera at all?  That happens if you move the camera versus zooming.  For example, try moving forward and backward using

RCtrl + RShift + Numpad / (or Numpad *)

versus just

Numpad / (or Numpad *)

You will see the HUD proportion change in different way.  Look at the images below.  Looking at the trapezoid shape of HUD, second image below is what is happening to you with very narrow FOV. 

HUD1.jpg\

HUD2.jpg

Since the last update (stable player, 2D TrackIR) which altered the standard view in the cockpit I have to lower the seat position, too. Otherwise the gun reticule moves out out view on the upper side of the HUD when performing a gun run and the release countdown for CCRP bombing is out of frame before it starts to drop. It is annoying, but I think it is not as bad as in your Screenshots. 

Edited by Hive
  • Like 1

My seat position changed after the last update as well.  I usually adjust it every single time.  So much so that I have throttle switches mapped to do just that.

I would follow Taz's advice  That is how I learned to do it.   I try to fit most (as TAZ does)every thing inside the HUD panel in moving the cockpit back or the HUD projection forward (same thing different way to describe it).  Things in the HUD can get to small for me if I am not careful.  I key off of the speed <--> altitude line.   The compass at the bottom I might let be hidden a tad by the projector.  I slight lean forward (TrackIR) and I see it just fine.

Caldera

Camera position (or the head position) can be saved.  You don't have to readjust every time.

Check User Snap-View Saving in Options - MISC.

Use RCtrl + RShift + Numpad to adjust view

When you're satisfied, press RAlt + Numpad 0 to save.

It will be kept even after DCS restart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, thank you very much, Taz! Is it possible to reset the saved view in case you want to return to the default settings?

I think ED needs to change the default view again or the HUD itself. It makes no sense that the default settings place you in a plane where the seat height is not correctly adjusted to the pilot. And I doubt that a real pilot would have to duck in the cockpit just to be able to see most important elements of the HUD.

Thanks again!

I just have to wonder.  The feeling I get in the DCS A-10C cockpit is that something in there just feels out of wack, but I just can't really say what it is.  I has to do with the head position <==> HUD <==> cockpit space <==> fore aft seat position <==> distance side to side.  Might be nothing more or less than a real estate issue for the simulation.

In the RL A-10C cockpit is there an option for seat adjustment forward or aft? 

Only from youtube videos, I noticed that the pilot has all of the dash controls no farther than what can be easily reached, so say maybe 12 to 20 inches?  All in all, it seems rather tight in there.  The HUD itself is seems to be positioned closer than my computer monitor, which is about 25 inches.  

Caldera

Edited by Caldera

On 1/9/2021 at 2:24 AM, Hive said:

Yeah, thank you very much, Taz! Is it possible to reset the saved view in case you want to return to the default settings?

I think ED needs to change the default view again or the HUD itself. It makes no sense that the default settings place you in a plane where the seat height is not correctly adjusted to the pilot. And I doubt that a real pilot would have to duck in the cockpit just to be able to see most important elements of the HUD.

I believe you can just delete /Saved Games/DCS/Config/View/SnapViews.lua to revert to default.  You can also edit the values directly in the lua file.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Desert Fox said:

Most people are used to "just dropping it", which worked fine with the old and incorrect viewport.

But the A-10C and it's HUD are not made to somehow drop stuff, using correct real life procedures results in everything working as intended with default viewport as it is in real life.

You've got to change your seat/viewport position because you are trying to use the HUD in a way it is not intended to be used. Hence "correct-as-is" i guess. Adapt your procedures.

Thanks for your advice! I am always willing to learn. CCIP bombing is a challenge in itself. That is why i didn't even mention it in my earlier post. But what about the countdown for CCRP bombing being always outside the viewable portion of the HUD now before dropping down (for example)? What would be the procedure for that other than lowering your head or the seat as the countdown always appears on a fixed spot in the HUD no matter what you do?

Edited by Hive

My opinion, is the cockpit and HUD just feels a little off.   In order to see all of the HUD the letters get too small for me to read easily.  It would not make sense that In combat an actual pilot should have these same issues.   It should just work and do so in a natural way.  The way that I see it, is that has to be just a POV thing and the simulation.  Being that I have never sat in an A-10 cockpit how would I really know didly.

A-10 pilot "WTF is wrong with my HUD, I can't see 10-30% of it."

Radio call:  "Hawg-1 Hawg-2, my HUD is bent RTB"

Caldera

I've got to say I much prefer the seat position in the A10C II to that of the original A10C - though for the life of me I can't see why they're different...

The new one needs far less adjustment (FoV and seat) a nudge out and a flick of the seat up...whereas I have to basically sit on a booster cushion in the original model...

Airbag_signatur.png

Ah...

I never really played the original A-10C, I have been playing about 1 month total. 

I guess the feeling I get is kind of weird and comes that from the fact that if I look aft I can see the entire cockpit seat   I tend to focus on the harness  There seems to be allot of space between my POV (simulated pilot eyes) and the front of the seat.  That in itself induces a sort of oddness about the space inside the cockpit.  My brain tells me that the back of my head should be pretty much against the ejection seat.  That is what it seems to be if I am looking forward.  

It is like my virtual head is oblong in shape and about 24-30 inches in length (aka Predator).  Looking forward all is good.  Looking out the side, too much space to the canopy.   Looking aft (check six) there is weirdness.

Don't get me wrong, I love the A-10C ii and the game is still really fun.  The cockpit, it just feels a little off to me.

Caldera

Edited by Caldera

• ED Team

Hi, 

As we've stated several times, the HUD is quite correct and based on direct feedback and direction from A-10 operators.

thank you

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thing is what I have heard and see its just not right, and i have spoke to a few pulots too,I know you say it is, but not seeing all the HUD surely is not right, I know a pilot needs to move a bit, but missing major parts and constantly "bobbing seems a bit wrong.

Hope you appreciate I'm not arguing for the sake of it, been a DCS pilot for years and enjoy flying

Edited by thrustvector
  • Like 1

As we've stated several times, the HUD is quite correct and based on direct feedback and direction from A-10 operators.

Given that they're patently physically the same plane (Canopy & seat)

WHICH one is correct? As the original A10C and the new A10C II have very different default head positions...

• Like 1

Airbag_signatur.png

On 1/6/2021 at 5:21 PM, thrustvector said:

when i look at the hud, i dont see pippers

These settings work great for me:

Spoiler

[13] = {--default view
        viewAngle        = 100.000000,--FOV
        hAngle            = 0.000000,
        vAngle            = -3.189889,
        x_trans            = 0.258961,
        y_trans            = -0.048086,
        z_trans            = 0.000000,
        rollAngle        = 0.000000,
        cockpit_version    = 1,
    },

If you wish to try it out navigate to C:\Users\YOUR_NAME\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View and open SnapViews.lua with Notepad++, press CTRL+F and type A-10C_2 , replace the section  "13] = {--default view" with my settings and save.

In default "correct as-is" view, pilot eyes are centered on the UFC Ent button and because of that is very difficult to find perfect position just with seat up-down controls.

On 1/17/2021 at 5:07 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Hi, 

thank you

Maybe HUD projection is indeed correct as-is but default pilot head position is not "user friendly" for 2D players.

• Like 2