Emergency nose trim inverted

Hello,

I noticed the emergency trim hat for nose up/down is inverted, see attached track. I tried with the formal A10C and it doesn't happen there.

trim_issue.trk

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

I'm not sure it does anything. Do you have to be in manual reversion mode to use it?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

4 hours ago, LeCuvier said:

I'm not sure it does anything. Do you have to be in manual reversion mode to use it?

As in the track you just have to switch the trim to override on the emergency panel. It works fine but the hat on the panel is inverted for the pitch I thought the track speak for itself. 

Oh and I realized I just posted in the wrong section, I meant to post in "Bugs". If any mod sees this... My bad

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

I checked and double-checked. For me it works just as expected. I have bound the Emer Trim to the POV hat just like the normal trim, except with a modifier.

The POV hat in the sim cockpit moves in the right directions, and the trim in flight gives me nose up and nose down accordingly. I see no bug.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Ok that's weird cause I didn't modify the files for this. You switched to "override" on the panel right? Otherwise it will keep using the trim hat on the stick and that one works fine. Just making sure. 

Yes, I switched to override in the emergency panel as you suggested (I had never used this before). And then I used POV Hat Nose Up and Down with Right CTRL as modifier.

LeCuvier

Well unfortunately I'm unable to access DCS until next week, I'll try to reproduce maybe repair DCS and come back. 

• 3 weeks later...

As of 27th January, I retested with a friend and I confirm the emer trim nose up/down is inverted when CLICKED. It indeed works perfectly fine with the keybinds, so I guess the lua file is messed up for the clickable data?

I can CONFIRM: The Emergency Trim for Nose UP/Down is inverted when you click the the 4-way hat in the cockpit (Emergency Flight Panel).

The animation is inversed as well: When you click on the upper edge of the 4-way hat, the lower edge is depressed and vice versa.

The problem is obviously caused by these two lines of code in "clickabledata.lua":

elements["PTR-EFCP-TRIM-NOSEDN"]             = action_button(_("Trim Emergency Nose Down"),       devices.AUTOPILOT, device_commands.Button_17, device_commands.Button_25, 176, 0.1, {0,0.1} )
elements["PTR-EFCP-TRIM-NOSEUP"]             = action_button(_("Trim Emergency Nose Up"),           devices.AUTOPILOT, device_commands.Button_19, device_commands.Button_25, 176, 0.3, {0,0.3} )

When I swap Button_17 and Button_19 so the two lines look like this...

elements["PTR-EFCP-TRIM-NOSEDN"]             = action_button(_("Trim Emergency Nose Down"),       devices.AUTOPILOT, device_commands.Button_19, device_commands.Button_25, 176, 0.1, {0,0.1} )
elements["PTR-EFCP-TRIM-NOSEUP"]             = action_button(_("Trim Emergency Nose Up"),           devices.AUTOPILOT, device_commands.Button_17, device_commands.Button_25, 176, 0.3, {0,0.3} )

... the emergency nose trim works correctly (including the animation).

So this is clearly a bug, and it's extremely easy to fix. Hopefully ED will do it!

PS: The bug is only in the clickable cockpit. The commands bound to HOTAS (POV Hat) work correctly.

Edited by LeCuvier
  • Like 1

LeCuvier