ME's group "late activation" option not working

I'm trying to create a WII mission where two enemy groups should spawn in random alternation.
I've followed the suggestions of the YouTube tutorial below, and I've created a trigger for random activation of one group only just after friend plane takeoff, but late activation option doesn't work for me.
Tbh, DCS manual says instead to set a later group's start time (one day after at least, see pp. 136-137, "group activate flag" section) to achieve such random activation, and this makes me a little confused.

Anyway, I tried BOTH methods (flagging "late activation" checkbox sets the start time to 0, so the two methods are necessarily alternative) and none of them worked. I always have the same group spawning at start.
Both missions I created are attached here if someone would like to check where I'm mistaking.

If I'm not, this means there is currently a bug in ME. In this case I would like to know how I could randomize groups spawning.

_runway intercept 2.miz _runway intercept 2bis.miz

Edited by Charlie_01
correction

If you want the groups start later than mission start, why not use the "uncontrolled" option ?

I never use "late activation" cause I don`t like it when not ALL items appear at mission start.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

On 1/6/2021 at 6:08 PM, ex81 said:

If you want the groups start later than mission start, why not use the "uncontrolled" option ?

I never use "late activation" cause I don`t like it when not ALL items appear at mission start.

I simply can't, because the airplanes which should have the delayed spawn start already in the air.

(p.189)

UNCONTROLLED. When setting an AI group to a “Takeoff from Ramp” (cold start) waypoint, the Uncontrolled check box can be used to have the AI group appear at their starting location on the ramp, but not begin the spool up sequence until initiated by an AI TASK trigger as set by the START Command in the Triggered Actions of the group. In this case, the group aircraft will appear in the mission in parked configuration and remain as such until triggered to “come alive”.

Edited by Charlie_01
corrections

5 hours ago, Charlie_01 said:

I simply can't, because the airplanes which should have the delayed spawn start already in the air.

You mean, you place the airplanes in the ME already in the air ? I`m not really sure, but what about trying the "Time More" trigger ? 

I give it a try tomorrow and let you know what I found out.

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet