New Kuznetsov sold as a standalone DLC

Although ED did some time ago promise to give us the new Kuznetsov for free I can understand why as a result of covid they've gone back on that. Its only natural a company has to make a buck.

The problem is 50 dollars is a little steep for some considering one might only want the New Kuznetsov and not care for the Super carrier & F/A-18. Or probably already owns the Su-33 and F/A-18.

I think it would be a better option to allow people to buy as much as they want or need and sell the new Kuznetsov separately like ED does with FC3 modules. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

Although ED did some time ago promise to give us the new Kuznetsov for free I can understand why as a result of covid they've gone back on that. Its only natural a company has to make a buck.

The problem is 50 dollars is a little steep for some considering one might only want the New Kuznetsov and not care for the Super carrier & F/A-18. Or probably already owns the Su-33 and F/A-18.

I think it would be a better option to allow people to buy as much as they want or need and sell the new Kuznetsov separately like ED does with FC3 modules. 

Agreed, especially for those that just want the new Kuznetsov.

The only thing I will say is that, while a stellar improvement over the last one (even if the bar is pretty low), the new Kuznetsov does have a few issues (this to name one). I might make a thread about it but I'll doubt anyone will notice.

I personally think, that the FC3 option like you said would be the better option - have the Supercarrier as a pack including everything, and have the Kuznetsov as a separate thing, like all the aircraft of the FC3 pack.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

ED could make a Su-33 + Kuzia bundle for an extra 5 Euros. Without the crew it's not worth more than that...

НЕТ ВОЙНЕ!

Gib full-fi Su-27 or MiG-29 plz!

AMD R7 3700X|32GB DDR4 RAM|Gigabyte RTX2070S Gaming OC|2TB NVMe SDD + 1TB SSD + 2TBB + 1TB HDD|Dell P3421W|Windows 10 Pro x64

TM Warthog|MFG Crosswind|Samsung Odyssey+|TrackIR 5

Modules: Mirage F1|Mi-24P|JF-17|F/A-18C|F-14A/B|F-5E|M-2000C|MiG-21bis|L-39|Yak-52|FC3|Supercarrier || Terrains: Persian Gulf|NTTR|Normandy|Syria

On 1/5/2021 at 10:36 PM, TaxDollarsAtWork said:

1- The decision to include the new Kuznetsov model in the Supercarrier module was probably made before COVID struck. 

2- The COVID lockdown has brought hundreds of new players to DCS, I've personally met several of them online and I've recommended modules to them, which they've bought.

If anything, I'd say that the COVID lockdown has boosted sales and increased interest in DCS World (natural consequence of giving people free time that they didn't have before).     

As for the new Kuznetsov model, I agree that if it has to be locked behind a paywall, at least there should be an option to get it separately.

Edited by Hardcard

Well the NEW Kuznetsov model if priced as NEW DLC with big price tag. It SHOULD at the very least come with a Carrier ops free campaign with maybe the Su-33 which we already have.

So with the Kuznetsov, we'd only be using Su-33 and maybe the Blackshark as well. I do not see any future carrier add-ons to this. Hope it does come with at SOME updated AI 3D assets as well. If not the case, Kuznetsov will not be worth much to spend on.

Edited by jojyrocks