FC3 planes are suddenly borked

franx

I've owned the Flaming Cliffs module for more than eight years.  Today when I logged in I was suddenly informed that the A-10A, F-15C, other FC planes were disabled because of a lack of serial number.  I re-bound the serial number but it keeps happening every time I try to log in.  I also discovered that several of the other modules I own, like the A-10C II, needed to be re-downloaded.  What''s going on?  I made no changes at all to my computer, hard drive, game installation, or anything else.   Anyone have any idea why this is abruptly happening??

Edited by franx

aka MadMonk; Windows 10, 64 bit, Radeon 6800XT gpu, Ryzen 5 5600 cpu, 32 gig ram; Samsung 2TB EVO SSD, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle and stick, Saitek combat rudder pedals; Oculus Rift.

• franx changed the title to FC3 planes are suddenly borked

yeh i had the same thing, look in the modules bit of DCS where its says a10-1 for dcs  delete those ones and the flaming cliffs planes will still be there in instant action under flaming cliffs like they were before.

it appears that during that free play period we just had it installed the non FC3 versions of the planes and thats whats screwing it up, hope that helps you it worded here.

Ryzen 7 7800x3D with AIO, RTX4080 Eagle OC, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz HP Reverb G2 & Pico4 Windows 11 Pro

19 hours ago, franx said:

I've owned the Flaming Cliffs module for more than eight years.  Today when I logged in I was suddenly informed that the A-10A, F-15C, other FC planes were disabled because of a lack of serial number.  I re-bound the serial number but it keeps happening every time I try to log in.  I also discovered that several of the other modules I own, like the A-10C II, needed to be re-downloaded.  What''s going on?  I made no changes at all to my computer, hard drive, game installation, or anything else.   Anyone have any idea why this is abruptly happening??

You must've accidentally downloaded the individual modules as part of the free trial period, these are separate to FC3, despite FC3 containing each of them; you don't have serial licenses for those, but you still have full access to them all regardless because you own FC3. The individual FC3 modules are just there presumably so that people could purchase specific aircraft if they didn't want the pack.

All you need to do is fire up DCS, skip through the license warnings, go into the module manager, and uninstall the individual modules but leave FC3 installed (again, they are separate from FC3, you can do this without losing the capability to fly them). If you install the individual modules that come with FC3 over the top of FC3, then all you've done is install the same thing twice.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

1 hour ago, Northstar98 said:

You must've accidentally downloaded the individual modules as part of the free trial period, these are separate to FC3, despite FC3 containing each of them.

This is a problem that should not exists in the first place. If you own FC3, they are still offered as individual downloads which should not happen. It's messy, exists already quite a few years and this is something ED should fix.

• Like 3

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Yep you have to go through & delete ONE AT A TIME 😟 all of the modules that you downloaded in the try for free period. You have to go into the module manager hit the delete button then DCS will restart. Then repeat the process for every single one. ☹️  

Edited by mrmat01

• 4 weeks later...

I’ve been struggling with this same issue. Thanks to everyone for the solution.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]FW190 A8 • MiG 29 • MiG 15bis • MiG 21bis • F-14 Tomcat • AV-8B Night Attack V/STOL DCS: AJS-37 Viggen • Spitfire LF Mk. IX • F-5E Tiger II • M-2000C Mirage • Bf 109 K-4 Kurfürst • Fw 190 D-9 Dora • F-86F Sabre • Su-33 • Su-27 • F-15C • Su-25T • A-10A • A-10C • P-51D • Uh-1H Huey • TF-51B

On 1/6/2021 at 6:51 PM, Lange_666 said:

This is a problem that should not exists in the first place. If you own FC3, they are still offered as individual downloads which should not happen. It's messy, exists already quite a few years and this is something ED should fix.

I agree, but the easy solution is to make sure you don't download the individual FC3 modules during free trial periods, simply uncheck them when the module manager prompts you to install them; it saves the headache at the end.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Ah, ok. Thanks everyone. I am hoping that also it will fix another issue. If someone has had the same issue please, tell me if I'm on the right track. I bought FC3 but when I try to pull up the modules to make practice missions in mission editor I can only put the A-10A and SU-27 into "player mode". All of the other planes are missing. Should I delete each file and just keep the FC3 file? What a pain in the butt to delete/disable each and every module not associated with FC3 having to restart for each and everyone of them.

Thanks in advance.

dcs.jpg