zsu-57-2 time fusing

Hello,

the newly implemented zsu-57 appears to not use time fuses. i would assume (but do not know for sure) that in reality it would use them for obviosu reasons.

Will this still get implemented? Without them it appears to be a rather weak enemy. Also time fuses would give some nice visuals when being enagged by those medium AAA. Same for the S-60 gun whenever it will get released.

Looks like you're right. I've been flying in circles over two ZSU-57 at an altitude of around 5,000 feet. They fired at me, but they always missed me, and the A-10C isn't a really fast aircraft. So yes, the ZSU-57 seems to be quite useless at the moment.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

could a moderator explain why the thread got the "correct as is" label?

from my understanding, after doing a bit of research, the UOR-281, which seems to be the standard AA shell for the azp s-60, has at least a self destruct mechanism - so you would still see airburst - only higher up in the sky. For the azp-s60 there is also the 3UO6 which has a proximity fuse.

I think that that the zsu-57-2 used the UOR-281, but you can find a lot of info on chinese made proximity fuzed shells for the 57-2 that were exported to the middle east and used in 57-2s.

So in short: Standard AA shell for medium AAA 57mm was a HE with self destruct, but it existed both russian made and chinese made shells that had proximity fuzing. Chinese made prox shells did get exported also.

The UOR-281U is being used in the DCS ZSU-57-2 according the lua file. Information available online suggests that the UOR-281 had a self destruct function to prevent them from falling back to earth and cause damage. Seems like this effect is missing?

https://military.wikia.org/wiki/57_mm_AZP_S-60

PC Hardware: Asus Maximus XIII Hero / i9-10900K / 64 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE / Samsung 960 NVMe / LG OLED48CX / Reverb G2

Flight Controls: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog / VKB T-RUDDER MKIV / Cougar MFD Set

DCS Modules: F-14 Tomcat / F/A-18C Hornet / AV-8B NA / F-5E Tiger II / A-10C Warthog / F-16C Viper / UH-1 Huey / LOFC3 / Spitfire LF Mk. IX / P-51D Mustang / WWII Assets Pack / Normandy 1944 / NTTR Map / Persian Gulf Map / Syria Map

7 hours ago, NineLine said:

Hey twist, it was marked as such because our available docs on these systems do no show proximity fuses on the standard ammo. Thanks.

ok. thanks for the reply.

fair enough about the proxy fuse, but could you maybe put a small question mark with "self destruct" on your secret internal development dossier?

maybe this self destruct would occur much later in flight and would therefore not really visible, but if - in reality - it would indeed self destruct within visible range, it would be a nice feature to have. not for gameplay, but for "eye candy" and immersion.

21 hours ago, twistking said:

ok. thanks for the reply.

fair enough about the proxy fuse, but could you maybe put a small question mark with "self destruct" on your secret internal development dossier?

maybe this self destruct would occur much later in flight and would therefore not really visible, but if - in reality - it would indeed self destruct within visible range, it would be a nice feature to have. not for gameplay, but for "eye candy" and immersion.

The rounds already self destruct AFAIK, the explosion is pretty small (akin to rounds of half the calibre) and it does take a while, but they do self-destruct.

Otherwise, from everywhere I can find, the UOR-281U is just a HE-T round, and apart from the self-destruct fuse, only has an impact only base fuse. 

There is a 57mm RADAR proximity fuse round, but it doesn't look like it was used on our ZSU-57-2, at least for the Soviet Union.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.