Mission 15 Issue

Spoilers ahead for anyone of course!

I've tried this maybe 7 or 8 times now... The Phantoms are not an issue. The problem is that Su-33.

If I'm still in a dogfight with a Phantom it will literally appear out of the ground. Or if I'm already bugging out to the south west it will spawn in about 2 miles behind me. Both times it will fire missiles almost immediately after spawning. My last attempt had it appear on my RWR one mile behind me and fire at exactly the same time. I was at 15,000ft and constantly checking my six... I felt really cheated.

There just isn't enough time to react to it... And yet nobody else has posted about this mission.. what on earth am I doing wrong here?? How do I defend against an enemy that is invisible until it's right beside me!?

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

Hey. It was supposed to be difficult (and hence the split into M14 and 15,so that it isn't too frustrating). I spent a lot of time for Hariri to pose a threat here and what I like that I had very different outcomes (wingman shot down, both phantoms shot down, me against three opponents, me vs Hariri one on one..). He doesn't spawn just behind you (unless you are in a certain spot of course) - he will try to sneak up though. Much easier to fight him when one of the Phantoms is still around, as he attacks earlier then. Once you get into circling fight, he is not that much of a threat, but you just need to get there... 🙂

• Thanks 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Oh god.. if the mission hadn't been split and I'd died at that point I might have smashed my computer! 😆

I'll keep trying! Thanks.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

• 1 year later...

The only way I could finish this mission with a 100 score was by running away after killing the two F4. 

If I stay in the area I always get instantly killed by the M29 with barely the time to spot it on the RWR, no matter the heading, the height, the location. If one could have a single chance to do this campaign, mine would have ended here. 

I don't know if it's a matter of DCS updates that made it more difficult, and I'm sure with a stealth fighter this is what would probably happen, but it makes it so frustrating. If there's a trick or a method I'd like to know about it! 

@baltic_dragonany hints?

Edited by guiduz

• 2 months later...
05.01.2021 в 19:59, baltic_dragon сказал:

Hey. It was supposed to be difficult (and hence the split into M14 and 15,so that it isn't too frustrating). I spent a lot of time for Hariri to pose a threat here and what I like that I had very different outcomes (wingman shot down, both phantoms shot down, me against three opponents, me vs Hariri one on one..). He doesn't spawn just behind you (unless you are in a certain spot of course) - he will try to sneak up though. Much easier to fight him when one of the Phantoms is still around, as he attacks earlier then. Once you get into circling fight, he is not that much of a threat, but you just need to get there... 🙂

Very good campaign! I just enjoyed every mission, but only until 14 and 15. How so? What for? In the 14th mission, SA2 SAM, after dropping a bomb, shoots down with a rocket without a chance. Of course, I can achieve a "pass", but after the 6th attempt to get away from the SAM in the northeast, I gave up this occupation. considered it meaningless and too far from reality, just replaced GBU with JSOW and completed the mission. Three non-muted air defense systems, and F18 is obliged to shine with a laser like a lame duck. Probably JSOW is not fair, but there was no choice... I'm not Tom Cruise )) I can't shine a laser when performing a vertical maneuver )).

In the 15th mission, the Su33 appears literally from the void! What for? To be difficult? But it can't be.
Here is a screen where there are 2 phantoms.

image.png

But a second later, SU33 appears out of nowhere. Right after the phantom was shot down.

image.png

Then he instantly goes to 6 and quietly releases the R-73 ))) This is at least not fair.

PS

Completed the campaign. On the last flight, the SU33 appeared out of nowhere in the same place, but then for some reason it just flew to the northeast )) ignoring me and the wingman. After some time, he landed at Lar Air Base. Hmmmmmm.....

PPS

I was amazed by the number of people involved in the creation of the campaign.
Your campaigns are the best I have seen in DCS. Tomorrow I start Dominant Fury, I bought it as soon as it appeared. )) Thank you for your work!

Edited by vitdor

Hey! 

Well, both issues you reported earlier are portrayed in the campaign exactly as they happened in the novel - and in my tests both are difficult to beat, but possible. Also, the difficulty of M15 is the reason why I split the sortie into two missions, I can imagine people surviving the attack and being shot down by Harriri would get very upset. 

As for the Su-33 ignoring the player... well, DCS AI. It rarely is very consistent in what it does 🙂

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

• 1 month later...

How I manage to finish the mission:

When the mission starts, just stay on course(not in afterburner), let Weed do the Job. Take altitude to increase the range of the Aim-120 😁. When you see a 29 on your EW, turn 180° and use your Aim-120 to kill him. Evade his missile. You maybe need to kill one remaining F-4. With this, the mission’s difficulty changes from impossible to easy. The air to air refueling is easy 😉.

Edited by Flanky83
  • Thanks 1