Dedicated server not loading missions with Nevada and Persian Gulf Maps

Arribe

I have the exact same problem with Syria.

PG and Caucasus are working well.

I cannot check Nevada as I don't have it installed.

Here's my log.

dcs - bug syria.log

• Like 1

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Deleted post.  Arribe already posted...thanks Ribbe.

Edited by BoneDust
  • Like 1

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

• ED Team

It is a strange one, 

I have tested my servers and all is ok. 

I have made the team aware. 

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

Please check your antivirus has not deleted any files from the server

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

2021-01-05 08:53:26.802 DEBUG   Scripting: plugin: APPLIED 'PersianGulf'
2021-01-05 08:53:26.803 ERROR   EDCORE: Drivers errors while mounting mods/terrains/persiangulf/sounds:
2021-01-05 08:53:26.803 ERROR   EDCORE: 	EDCDriver: can't open header file mods/terrains/persiangulf/sounds.edc//header.edch
2021-01-05 08:53:26.804 WARNING DCS: Not Authorized, auto-skipped: ./Mods/terrains/Syria
2021-01-05 08:53:26.804 INFO    Scripting: plugin: SKIPPED 'Syria': not authorized
2021-01-05 08:53:26.805 DEBUG   Scripting: plugin: APPLIED 'TheChannel'

From the log it looks like it just fails to get authorization to load the Syria map as a plugin (right at server start, line 425).

Haven't been able to reproduce the issue on my own server running the dedicated installation.

Maybe delete the old login/authorisation files to make the server login to your username again?

• ED Team

certainly worth a try. 

Fresh saved games dcs folder for the server and fresh install. 

We are not sure why this is happening, when we test our servers all is fine and other servers dont seem to have an issue. 

We did a complete wipe of the server and fresh reinstall of the entire dedicated server software and it's now working properly again.  Not sure what happened to have caused the dedicated servers to fail to load the Nevada or Persian Gulf terrains after with the update.

🤷‍♂️

Edited by Arribe

• ED Team

Thank you for letting us know, we still do not know why this has happened, and we can not reproduce it on our servers. 

So @Arribejust to be clear, you deleted _everything_ including the saved games profiles ?

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

I managed to clear the problem by reinstalling completely my servers.

• backup
  • uninstall
  • reinstall
  • run the server with my existing profiles -> OK !

Following a tip on the Discord (thanks alt.sanity !) I think the culprit was the autoexec.cfg file which conditionned the updater to install a DRM'd version of the Syria map (I used DCS Updater Utility to install the map)  instead of the DRM-free special version for the dedicated server.

This file should only point to the server component :

"modules": [
  "DEDICATED_SERVER"
 ],

Has anyone tried a repair of the server files? I'm curious if that will detect a corrupted/missing file. Our server admin spent a few hours trying to figure out why the Liberation mission wasnt loading for him with the same errors reported above but loaded fine for me in SP and doing a quick multiplayer host from within client. He copied the PG map over to the dedicated server and it still didnt load. 

• ED Team

./dcs_updater.exe repair

./dcs_updater.exe update

Please don't use copypaste operations inside DCS installed folder.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы