Trim

5 hours ago, Gavvinwarder said:

I am having a problem with trim in the a10. Was wondering what trim to nose is. No on seems to know, it is bound on my hotas from the dcs profile. Any help would

be great. 

The TRIM hat binds should be located in the HOTAS (or stick) sub category of the A10CII controls menu.  They are the standard four bindings:  NOSE UP, NOSE DOWN, RWD, LWD.  Depending on what physical HOTAS you are using, it is possible to accidentally bind one of the aforementioned commands incorrectly (i.e binding NOSE DOWN to one of the 8 way hat positions on the TMWH rather than the 12 o'clock, or forward position).

If you are having troubles with trimming the aircraft out, and have verified that they are indeed bound properly - ensure that you do not have "game mode" checked as I believe GAME MODE doesn't allow for proper trimming of aircraft.

The above are a few "shots in the dark" as you didn't really clarify the problem you are having - just a generalized statement (that was fairly vague).

Cheers,

Ziptie

Edited by Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I had a feeling that the question was more basic, like "what is Nose down trim for?". I might be wrong of course, no offence intended.

Gavvinwarder should probably rephrase the question to be more explicit.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

On 1/5/2021 at 5:43 AM, Gavvinwarder said:

I am having a problem with trim in the a10. Was wondering what trim to nose is. No on seems to know, it is bound on my hotas from the dcs profile. Any help would

be great. 

Nose trim down (when pushed) "drops the nose" - Nose trim down.

Nose trim up (when pushed) "lifts the nose" - Nose trim up.

The trim switch on the A10C works like most other aircraft with a trim switch.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 2 years later...

If you change thrust or speed the balance of your aircraft changes. So you constantly have to pull or push the stick.

You can "trim" those constant stick forces away with your trim. So if you have to push the stick all the time, you trim "nose down" until you dont feel the control forces anymore.

Hope this helps you. cheers!