Missing HUD symbology in STT mode

Our FC3 Su-27 is missing two key features in the HUD when in STT mode (Su-27SK manual: page 193; section 5):

1. Time to impact slider (missile)
  2. Closure rate scale

I have super imposed the missing elements in the screenshot in dark green color.

su-27-hud.png

No idea why these were not implemented yet, but I hope they will.

Edited by Cmptohocah
Corrected formatting
  • Like 5

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

Yes. Would be nice to see those features added but I’ll be in my grave before it happens.

I’d settle for just the closure rate scale framing the right side of the HUD.

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

• 5 months later...
On 1/5/2021 at 11:26 AM, Cmptohocah said:

I hope they will.

I hoped too) But they will not(

Fully modeled feautres of Flankers and Fulcrum would give harder time to blue customers. And that will never be allowed. I fly 3 blue fighters on dayly bases along with 3 red fighters.

And conclusion is - that soviet gen4 fighters are toned down in all aspects in every possible way to keep the "party" going for blue millennials) 

Edited by musolo

----RED FLAG---- DCS Server. Discord: https://discord.gg/2PjQ52V

ED has already commented before.   They consider FC3 to be feature complete.  It doesn't mater if they're red of blue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

23 minutes ago, GGTharos said:

ED has already commented before.   They consider FC3 to be feature complete.  It doesn't mater if they're red of blue.

Its totally not like FC3 contains every single red plane. Unless ED delivers a russian-made striker with a TGP, a modern flanker and a modern red carrier fighter, we're stuck with this.

What else do you want us to fly? MiG-15? Yak-52? An unfinished version of the worst in-game fulcrum, in 2 years, maybe?

Edited by Max1mus

1 hour ago, GGTharos said:

With all due respect, I would actually like to get an explicit answer from ED regarding this topic.

Would be nice to hear this first hand.

Also, if this is true that FC3 will have no more new features, then I would like not to waste my time here anymore.

Shame really, but I guess this is reality.

Also ED has no problem replying extra quickly to AMRAAM rants that are basically weekly copy-pastes of each other, and yet here we are left in our own most of the time.

This is all fine I guess, but I don't want anyone to ever call me out as an conspiracy theory advocate when I say that ED is neglecting red side (not technically only red 'cause of FC3, but in practise yes)

Edited by Cmptohocah

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

2 hours ago, Cmptohocah said:

This is all fine I guess, but I don't want anyone to ever call me out as an conspiracy theory advocate when I say that ED is neglecting red side (not technically only red 'cause of FC3, but in practise yes)

Given that i`ve been told by Chizh that they need documental evidence to proceed on a any given issue this looks like its not too far fetched conclusion. 

20 minutes ago, Cmptohocah said:

Also ED has no problem replying extra quickly to AMRAAM rants that are basically weekly copy-pastes of each other, and yet here we are left in our own most of the time.

... because FC3 rants aren't actually decade old rants since LOMAC came out?  I mean face it, you're basically new here.   You're not the first to ask for improvements - want to see how much stuff the F-15 is missing?   Or maybe it's ok because it's not red? 🙂

20 minutes ago, Cmptohocah said:

But it is a conspiracy theory.   Neglect implies intent to harm.  They're simply following the money with new modules, and as far as FC3 goes sadly they are mostly done until they decide they're not - I mean, the FM upgrades were a major thing.  Maybe there will be some systems upgrades in the future.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

23 minutes ago, GGTharos said:

... because FC3 rants aren't actually decade old rants since LOMAC came out?  I mean face it, you're basically new here.   You're not the first to ask for improvements - want to see how much stuff the F-15 is missing?   Or maybe it's ok because it's not red? 🙂

But it is a conspiracy theory.   Neglect implies intent to harm.  They're simply following the money with new modules, and as far as FC3 goes sadly they are mostly done until they decide they're not - I mean, the FM upgrades were a major thing.  Maybe there will be some systems upgrades in the future.

For some reason the quote doesn't seem complete when using a mobile device to post, but anyway:

1. I am not new - been flying this since LOMAC 1.2 I believe

2. I absolutely don't think either F-15C nor A-10A should be neglected. However ED keeps comming back with: "no declassified docs, no new airplanes" mantra on one side and "we gave up on FC" on the other. So were does this leave us, "newbies" as you said, that like to fly non "F" fighters?

Also it's kind of lame to push us aside and call us "irational" since we supported the sim since its beginning.

Let's not hide behind technicalities and call things out the way they are - actions speak louder than words IMHO.

Edited by Cmptohocah

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉

12 minutes ago, Cmptohocah said:

For some reason the quote doesn't seem complete when using a mobile device to post, but anyway:

The reason is that computers hate us.

However ED keeps comming back with: "no declassified docs, no new airplanes" mantra on one side and "we gave up on FC" on the other. So were does this leave us, "newbies" as you said, that like to fly non "F" fighters?

Same place it leaves those who like to fly 'F' fighters.   Although the only thing you can turn to is the JF-17.   And yes, it doesn't have that 'RU' feeling or he same weapons, I know.  And of course they're saying they'll work on an FF MiG-29.

Also it's kind of lame to push us aside and call us "irational" since we supported the sim since its beginning.

You don't need to be irrational to believe in a conspiracy, I didn't call you irrational - I stated that implying harm (and I guess some sort of sketchyness?) is the basis of the conspiracy.

But ED has been pretty clear about it all, and the rest is forum blah-blah, even from the devs.

All that said, it's not impossible to get something, so it's not like asking for it is pointless, but IMHO it's pretty low probability.  Overall there is a bunch of pressure from the Russian forum as well, so who knows?  But they clearly know that this opens the door to people asking for improvements on the other FC3 jets.  I mean we don't even have pressure setting ability in the eagle.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Eagle`s vertical scan is not  working properly allmost every other time. Combat feauture that is to be the most reliable among all other F-15 radar mods. That said Soviet Flankers And Fulcrums are the only Russian jets available in DCS whereas bluefor has 3 very potent clickable jets that are constantly improved. 

Edited by musolo