Joystick half axis.

segax

Hello,

Little explanation of what i want to do.. You have picture at end of post, but .. My english is not the best and ill try to explain as clear as possible..

When joystick in real life i postioned at his center point.. In dcs of course it shows it at center.. This is not actually what i want, beacuse i want to use this joystick as collective, and as you know collective is not going downwards, just upwards... Can we cut this axis at half ? Or however you call it ?Untitled-1.png

Screenshot_3.png

Just now, WhiskyDelta said:

Hi segax,
Try to set up the axis as „Slider“ with the first of the three check boxes. With the „Invert“ check box you can adjust increase/ decrease direction.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk Pro

Hmm, okay ill try it now and send you what happend haha!!

• 2 weeks later...

You can not do that with DCS, but you could try Universal Controller Remapper, or UCR for short.

You also need the driver program called vJoy. vJoy makes a virtual joystick on your PC.

UCR then takes an input from an actual joystick or gamepad, modifies it, and then it is output through the virtual joystick.

I have seen your other post and I think you have a gamepad, that you want a full axis range, but only going from the middle to the top of travel on one of the "mushrooms" or stick.

With UCR you could SPLIT the axis into two. 

nml.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Download vJoy 

from here http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/index.php/download-a-install/download

once installed you should see something like this in Windows USB game controllers

nm2l.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Download UCR 

from here https://github.com/snoothy/ucr/releases

You are presented with this screen, click to add a profile

nm3l.jpg

Edited by jonsky7

3. Create a profile

Give your profile a name, and check the box of the controller you want to use as your input, your gamepad. And select vJoy Stick 1 for the output.

nm4l.jpg

4. Create your split axis

nm5l.jpg

You might need a bit of deadzone.

5. Test

Once you click "play" the axis will become live and you can check them in the USB Game Controllers Window properties 

nm6l.jpg

When you open DCS, there will be a new joystick column called vJoy device, when you are binding use this column, only move the stick in the half you want.

You have to run UCR and click "play" to activate the axis split each time you want to play DCS.

Edited by jonsky7

DCS allows to set half an axis of a jostick for 0% to 100% of an ingame axis. I use the right side of my Thrustmaster TWCS paddle rocker to brake ingame.
In DCS axis setting, I set the rocker axis as a slider and then set a 50% deadzone. So when I depress the right side of the rocker I brake from 0 to 100% (left side does nothing).
Usually the WWII modules need it to be inverted also (if not, brakes are at 100% at release position and 0% when right side of rocker is depressed).

14 minutes ago, toutenglisse said:

DCS allows to set half an axis of a jostick for 0% to 100% of an ingame axis. I use the right side of my Thrustmaster TWCS paddle rocker to brake ingame.
In DCS axis setting, I set the rocker axis as a slider and then set a 50% deadzone. So when I depress the right side of the rocker I brake from 0 to 100% (left side does nothing).
Usually the WWII modules need it to be inverted also (if not, brakes are at 100% at release position and 0% when right side of rocker is depressed).

Well shucks, looks like I wasted quite a bit of time writing that guide up lol. 

edit, having tried it quickly I don't think you can choose which side of the axis you want to use when setting a 50% deadzone. 

That might not be an issue, if it is, I still think UCR can come in handy.

Edited by jonsky7
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, toutenglisse said:

Ill try both of ways.. But i think jonsky7 has better method, haha!