Training Start up. Magnetic declination rotary You must be kidding. Where is the indicator?

Training Start up. Magnetic declination rotary. You must be kidding. Where is the indicator?

There is no way to tell what the knob of Magnetic Declination rotary is pointing to.

"Set it to 6". Yeah OK, sure. Clear as mud. Except  you forgot to put any kind of indicator on it. A white stripe, a needle ident. ANYTHING! Yet there is nothing. So who knows what it is set to.

The clear plastic cover, once flipped up, is near impossible to flip down, as click area for command is somewhere between knob and pivot of lid. But clicking on it, does not close it.

Sort of like the Yaw Trim rotary. It instructs you to set it, but does not highlight it. Well at least that knob has a dial indicator.

Edited by DmitriKozlowsky
  • Like 1
  • DmitriKozlowsky changed the title to Training Start up. Magnetic declination rotary You must be kidding. Where is the indicator?

Somewhere in another thread I read that you never have to worry about the magnetic declination knob, it will always be preset to the correct value for the map and date.

• Like 1

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

That is what I see on my rig. My textures are on high. Looking at the screen grab, I see no indicator on knob. Where is it? What is it? 

Look at the radar rotary just above the magnetic declination rotary. There is a white line on dial pointing to what it is to. But magnetic declination rotary has no mark, no indent. Nothing!