Pricing of the Syria map - Question

Hi there,

I just picked up the Viper as my first DCS module after falling in love with it during this whole free 2 play period. I spent most (read 99.9%) of my time in F-16 on the gorgeous Syria map which just seems to be the perfect sandbox for the Viper. (Although potential future Korea map will for sure be a serious contender for that title). 

I've been thinking about picking up the Syria map as well but decided not to solely due to the fact that it's not on sale during this Winter Sale 2020. That is understandable as the map itself was released not that long ago.

Here comes my question: The base price of the Persian Gulf map (47€) is actually higher than that of the Syria map (37€). Is it because the Syria map is still in early access? Is the base price of the Syria map expected to increase in the future as more terrain is added and the development finalizes? Will I be better of just buying the map right now for the full price instead of waiting for a discount as a result? Or is the Syria map just a cheaper terrain?

Disclaimer: Yes, I am kind of looking for a good excuse to bully my wallet and buy it right now without having to feel horrible about it.

On ED store they are all the same base price $49,99: NTTR, PG, Syria, Channel. Exception: Normandy for $44,99.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/terrains/

Steam has it's own prices policy I guess.

If you like it get it now :thumbup:

• Like 1

G4560@3,5GHz/DDR4-16GB/GTX970-4GB/SATA3-SSD, Win7-64, 27"LCD-FullHD, T16000M HOTAS, customTiR

Aircraft: FC3, F-14B / Supercarrier / Maps: NTTR, PG

Found the answer for my question.

Apparently there's a separate Syria map subforum that is, for whatever reason, not listed under DLC Maps forum. Strange and unintuitive.

Anyway, for anybody else looking for an answer:

How much will this map cost?

It will normally cost $49.99 USD, but it will be a $39.99 USD at release and while in early access (a 20% savings). Only once complete and out of early access, it will be priced at $49.99 USD.

2 minutes ago, Fernie said:

Apparently there's a separate Syria map subforum that is, for whatever reason, not listed under DLC Maps forum.

Here are only maps developed by ED:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/125-dlc-maps/

3rd party made maps are in their respective subforums but currently it is only Ugra Media:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forum/145-ugra-media/

G4560@3,5GHz/DDR4-16GB/GTX970-4GB/SATA3-SSD, Win7-64, 27"LCD-FullHD, T16000M HOTAS, customTiR

Aircraft: FC3, F-14B / Supercarrier / Maps: NTTR, PG