Virpil F-14 Grip

Jackjack171

Hello all,

I am asking anyone who has the Virpil F-14 grip are you satisfied with it? Also, on the website, it says backorder. Does it take a long time to receive? I'd like to purchase it soon, if it's worth it.

Thank you in advance!

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

Hello all,

I am asking anyone who has the Virpil F-14 grip are you satisfied with it? Also, on the website, it says backorder. Does it take a long time to receive? I'd like to purchase it soon, if it's worth it.

Thank you in advance!
I like mine quite a bit. If you're only using it for the Tomcat. You might find it limiting to use with the F-16, F-18 or any other jet that makes use of a large array of buttons. Being able to use the base with Thrustmaster sticks is a bonus.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

F-14B, F-16, F-18C, A-10C, F-5E, F-86, FC3, BF-109, FW-190, P-51, Spitfire, UH-1,AJS-37 Viggen, MIG-15, MIG-19, MIG-21, AV-8B Harrier, P-47D

Persian Gulf, Caucuses, NTTR, Normandy, The Channel, Syria

Combined Arms, WWII Assets,Super Carrier

TM Warthog, Virpil VFX,BuddyFox UFC, Saitek Pro Flight quadrant & Switch Panel, Odyssey+ VR, Jet Pad w/ SSA, Voice Attack w/Viacom Pro

GeForce RTX2080TI OC, Intel Core i7-7700K 4.5Ghz, 64GB DDR4, Dedicated 1TB SSD

Thank you! That's what I needed to hear but also, does it take long to get it? I can wait a while but not so that I forgot about my order. On the website and other forums, it seems it takes quite some time to receive it. I have the TM Warthog and use it for the F-16 and A-10. I need a true Tomcat stick.

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

Took a couple months to get mine but I hear they’re always trying to speed up orders. Not sure what it’s like right now.

The grip itself is really well made but the weapon selector can be a little sticky if you’re thumb isn’t on it just right.

I could honestly not suggest this grip, as sadly compared to other Virpil products they have not maintained the same quality control. I am on my third V.F.X. which itself has broken and I'm not going to get a fourth. I have not gotten a weapon selector depress that has lated more than a week, I have also had the DLC wheel become stuck and unfixable twice as the spring has dislodge itself on both occasions with minimal use. 

"I'm just a dude, playing a dude, disguised as another dude."

My experience is different. After using mine extensively for almost a year, all buttons still work as advertised. If you come from a Warthog you probably gonna need some time to adjust to the plastic feel but IMO its worth it. 

Edited by sLYFa

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

I like mine. I got it right when it first came out., I have had no problems with the quality. It still works the same as the day I first used it. The only thing I would change is that the DLC thumbwheel has a really tight spring and at least for me can be hard to use at times because of it and the weapons select switch can be difficult at times but that is mainly because I am cursed with small hands but I have the grip front offset facing a little to the left and that corrects that problem.

Edited by Manhorne
  • Like 1