F-14 A/B PTT Preferences changed?

epolta

So I used to always use PTT 1 (FWD on Warthog throttle for the main VHF/UHF radio (the one Jester tunes) and PTT/TX2 (down on Warthog throttle) was for the UHF (That I tune from the front seat). Tonight when I jumped back in the tomcat it's changed and now PTT 2/TX 2 is for the VHF/UHF ARC-182 and to use the UHF radio I have up front I now have to select PTT/TX 3 (Back on Warthog) and the Vaicom PTT preferences tab is calling that the VHF/FM radio - which it is not - it's actually UHF as labeled on the pilots panel in the cockpit. When did this change, and how can I change it back?

thanks!

I have the same issue but mine started a couple of weeks ok. I also have the Warthog, configured up for Tx1 159 and down for Tx2 182 but when I’m in the Tomcat it’s reversed. I have not found a solution as of yet, so I’m just dealing with it.

17 minutes ago, FroZone said:

I have the same issue but mine started a couple of weeks ok. I also have the Warthog, configured up for Tx1 159 and down for Tx2 182 but when I’m in the Tomcat it’s reversed. I have not found a solution as of yet, so I’m just dealing with it.

Okay glad to know I'm not losing my mind...

There was a very recent change in SRS that might be causing this if you have SRS PTT Mapping enabled. I find that I get a reversal of TX1 and TX2 in the Tomcat when this is enabled. Try unchecking it on the MP tab or using the button on the PTT tab.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

I asked@Hollywood_315 about this before Christmas. I don't think it is related to SRS since I don't use this and also have the same swap. Something must have changed in the DCS / Heatblur implementation (I am guessing to do with the 14A).

I haven't found a way to change back yet

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

7 hours ago, hornblower793 said:

I asked@Hollywood_315 about this before Christmas. I don't think it is related to SRS since I don't use this and also have the same swap. Something must have changed in the DCS / Heatblur implementation (I am guessing to do with the 14A).

I haven't found a way to change back yet

It could be related to the "SRS PTT Mapping" option in VAICOM even if you don't have SRS. I found that toggling this changes the radio assignments to TX nodes. With that turned off I'm getting the correct mappings in the Tomcat. Caveat: I tested this in the 14B. Is the issue only in the 14A?

Edited by sthompson
Misspoke

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

I didn't say it's related to SRS. Rather it's related to the "SRS PTT Mapping" option in VAICOM. You can turn that on even if you don't have SRS. I found that toggling this changes the radio assignments to TX nodes. With that turned off I'm getting the correct mappings in the Tomcat. Caveat: I tested this in the 14B. Is the issue only in the 14A?
Understood - will look more later but pretty sure I have that unchecked - may see if checking it reverses the radios

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Well I figured this out after reading a few other threads in this sub forum. I noticed Hollywood told folks they needed to have the NS430 GPS module disabled in their module manager. I recently picked up the NS430 on sale and installed it - Not realizing that this plays havoc on VAICOM. SO as an experiment I disabled the NS430 in the module manager and low and behold the F14 works as advertised. The MI-8 and the Huey were also exhibiting strange behavior and I guess that was also related to the NS430 - so for now. It's disabled and I'm happy again!